A spy among us?

The Wii can emulate the SNES, NES, and N64. Technically, if nintendo saw exceptional skill here, they could make a request for future service. And even though im not 18 yet, if i keep spriting, i’ll be good enough by then. But the bottom line is, nintendo defineltly is aware of this project, whether they care, or not.

16 is the legal age for most work-related things. 15 is still OK in this case if it’s part-time, but you need a work permit (which gives the employer extra garbage to fill out).

Oh, then im good to go. Now all i need is an employer. Anyone want to hire me?? I take cash only.

Lolz.

Nintendo does NOT use Direct X they use Open GL for their graphics enignes as does most companies (except microsoft of course) also their is a 50% possibility that there is SOMEONE from nintendo watching the progress of this as stated before i mean just google ‘p2d’ and you’ll get a plethora of related results. :metroid:

i admit that they probably have heard about this site and project. but saying theres any likliness that they watch the progress on this game or are planning on recruiting people from here is completely rediculous.

The voice of reason… Don’t even think they will hire you. They won’t. Do you have a degree? No. Can you relocate? No. All you have is some messed up fantasy that you’ll be waiting for years from now. It isn’t going to happen. Forget about it.

lol. its true. :] its like the kids that play video games for a month and then insist they will grow up to make video games! i was one of those kids and i am ashamed! dont be foolish.

Actually Im half way through my Computer Science degree atm.

But, they say they will be taking in games from Indie developers, not taking IN indie developers. This means, you make a crappy 2D retro game and they will consider “publishing” it on their Virtual Console for download. How much you get or whether or not you even get paid isnt specified.

I was convinced to be a game-maker by drawing games to be played via the imagination. I always wondered what my paper-games would look like in realtime with good graphics.

Tenka, if they actually did, I bet they wouldn’t pay you at all. They’d say that “having your game published will be enough for you.” I’m actually going for game art and design in a few years, with a side of writing, so it isn’t that hard to become part of a game developing team, it’s just risky business in the long term.

Yea thats what I’m thinking, I doubt they would pay although if they did it would probably be a very small % commission.

…um…i would prefer to treat game creating as a hobby, just to keep it something fresh to me. i plan on having a career years from now…and still keep the dream of making a good game, but all of it stable, and depending on my own efforts towards such.

How the hell did this topic evolve into “Maybe I’ll get to work for Nintendo”? Oh well I imagine Nintedo knows about this. I mean P2D has it’s own wiki page.

REDHALBERD made a post saying “Nintendo will be bringing in new retro 2D games”

I made a post saying asking where he saw it.

Troid posted a link where it was reported that Wii’s new “virtual console” will be used to download emulated NES/SNES/N64/Sega MegaDrive/TurboGrafx games as well as games from “Indie Developers with more creativity than budget”.

I made a post speculating what kind of requirements there would be behind making these “indie retro” games, whether or not they would have to be specifically produced for the Wii or if the Wii can somehow emulate Windows.

Everyone else somehow took that as meaning “maybe I can get a job from Nintendo”.

hmm i dont know how to reply to that.

well… at least we are all agreed that there isnt a spy here right?

well, even if there was… nin. already knows about p2d (most likely)

and, they really dont care. so, it doesnt even matter if there is “a spy among us”