alpha, gamma, omega and zeta metroids

An alpha in prime? Is this in phendrana or phazon mines? And if you know, what’s the room’s name?

anyway, back on topic. Daz has it right. Larva, then pupa- er alpha, then gamma, followed by zeta, then omega. But I thought those were the natural metamorphs, and hunter metroids were matured metroids that had been snacking on phazon. :confused:

i think what daz was talking about waz in prime 2

Alright everyone, Daz is mostly correct on the whole Metroid Evolution thing. Larvae Metroids hatch into Gamma Metroid, which in turn grow into Alpha Metroid, then Zeta and Omega Metroids. This is in fact the normal way that a Metroid grows, if left to it’s own devices on any planet. Eventually when the need calls for it an Omega will turn into a Queen Metroid, so that it can lay more eggs and reproduce.

Now Hunter Metroids are mutations of the Tallon Metroids, they are the adolescent form of a metroid exposed to phazon.

Now Daz, where did you get this whole Beta Radiation thing? I have never heard of SR388 ever having Beta Radiation, or Beta Radiation being the cause of the Metroids evolution. The only mention of Beta Radiation I have heard was that the Space Pirates used Beta Rays to cause the Metroid to multiply by mitosis. But yes, in all the other games the Metroids were too young to start evolving into gammas, and such.

But the Beta Rays do not stop the metroids from evolving, as we saw in Metroid Fusion, but it may put a stunt in them from growing at normal speed.

As for the Metroid Prime, that thing is a Metroid COMPLETELY mutated by Phazon. How it got onto Tallon IV and it’s origins are a mystery. All we know is that the phazon meteor was either carrying the metroid, or it hit a metroid (which just brings further confusion)

Hunters have nothing to do with phazon. They’re adolescent metroids that don’t grow up on SR388. Beta rays were metnioned in Fusion as what caused the evolutions, and I think in M2 as well–not sure htough.

And Alpha is before Gamma, not vice versa. Twit. :stuck_out_tongue:

How do you know so much about Metroids, Daz? Did you take a coarse or something? :laughing:

almost seems like it doesnt it?

First off Daz, you had no reason to be name calling, everyone makes a mistake every once in a while.

Secondly, when does Fusion ever say anything about Beta rays being the source of their evolution? I seriously don’t think that Fusion even says a single word about Beta rays. All Beta rays are used for is to make them multiply. And no, Metroid 2 never says anything about how Metroids evolve. Ever. You just play the game and the Metroids evolve. Very weird, yes, but that’s the way that the Metroids grow. The Chozo word, Metroid, can even be “roughly translated” into English as “Ultimate Warrior.” So the fact that Metroids progress into these huge monsters naturally isn’t such a stretch since we all know (hopefully) that the Chozo created the Metroids.

And really the hunter metroids were just created by retro as an interesting new type of Metroid. And while the game says nothing about phazon, it would only make sense that the Hunters were an offspring of phazon radiation. They aren’t anywhere else! And hell, you only find them in the phazon mines in the original Metroid Prime (if i am not mistaken, which i may be… it’s been a while since I played MP. I’m pretty darn sure it’s only in the mines. I distinctly remember those huge blue mushrooms).

And heck, why not bring up another weird Metroid. The Tallon Metroid. In Echoes, the Metroids are called Tallon Metroids, like they are different! Which would make a whole lot of sense since you can kill them in MP1&2 without the Ice beam, and they do seem to be significantly smaller than regular metroids. (normal metroids are about as tall as samus). And Ing Metroids! Those things are just weird. Thanks to Retro for making new and messed up Metroids!

First Half of Quote-

I think I heard somewhere that there was some sort of radiation found throughout the caverns of SR388 that causes the metroids to evolve.
[hr][/hr]
Second Half of Quote 1-

Phazon Radiation Does cause metroids to grow, but in size. I’m pretty sure it says in MP2 Echoes, that when infant tallon metroids are exposed to Phazon Radiation, they grow rapidly into ‘adults’. There are two things that might prove your ‘hunter metroids grow from Phazon’ theroy- * It depends on if the Phazon Rapid Growth sequence applies to full grown (normal) metroids.

• If this was something always in the Prime Series, since the first Metroid Prime, or if Retro introduced it in MP2 echoes first, to make the story line understandable.
    If you’re right, then heck… For all we know, Hunter Metroids could just be a ‘deformity’, or ‘mutation’ of Alpha Metroids, due to rapid growth acceleration… :confused:
    [hr][/hr]
    Second Half of Quote 2- Hunter Metroids are also found in Phendrana Drifts in the room Frost Cave (I think)…

I was gonna say I thought that the hunters were somewhere in phendrana, but that wouldn’t make any sense, since Metroids are extremely sensitive to cold climates. so I left it out. Which if Hunters were actually in Phendrana, then it would make more even sense that they are mutated.

There is something really weird about Tallon Metroids. I think that since they were experimented on so much with Phazon that it changed their genetic makeup or something. Because they are weak to any amount of normal (well, normal for Samus) firepower. And I also don’t understand those infant metroid nests, there is something really wrong about it. I would swear it’s just because Retro thought it’d be cool, but it messes up the whole view of Metriods. You know what, I am going to blame it on the space pirates! Freakin Space Pirates and their evil experiments…

As for the radiation on SR388, you must have read that on some ill-informed post or something. Because there really is absolutly nothing that referrs to Metroids on SR388 evolving because of radiation, anywhere. It’s just natural for them to grow that way. How else would they reproduce naturally? I really don’t think that Beta Rays are all that common for a species to depend on them for reproduction.

I do believe hunters ARE in phendrana. Near Gravity.

From what I know of Metroids, Beta Radiation does not cause them to become Alpha metroids. It causes them to divide. Gamma radiation, not Beta, is found on SR-388, but it doesn’t cause them to go into Alpha either. It just speeds up the evolution process and makes the Metroid stronger, which would explain why the Tallon Metroids are smaller and weaker than regular Metroids, as Tallon does not have Gamma radiation. Alpha metroids are the first step in the natural course of a Metroid’s evolution. Hunter Metroids, however, and I’m sure this is explicitly stated in a Metroid Prime scan, are the result of a Metroid exposed to Phazon.

Metroid Prime explicitly states that as does Wikipedia and official Metroid sources. I hardly think you can argue with a game itself.

Maybe you should actually try READING the scan. It clearly states that Hunter Metroids are adolescent versions of metroids, meaning they became like that naturally.

Hold on a second… I just want to know. The European version of Metroid Prime has a lot of differences from Metroid Prime in North America. Is yours the Euro version? That might explain the difference in opinion here.

No. I have the original NTSC version of Metroid Prime.

And i’m right. :wink:

Well, I guess I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. goes off to play Metroid Prime

I’m pretty sure I’m right about the Beta-gamma radiation thing here, though.