Project AM2R - Another Metroid 2 Remake
(The real name will be used when the game is done)
This is my version of Metroid 2, I’ve been working on it for about 2 years. Now it’s starting to get quite good. Right now I’m working on a trailer, so you can see how it plays. A tech demo should follow soon.
Here are some screens:
- The game will be as linear as the original. No open exploration, you HAVE to kill the Metroids of each area like in the original. However, I’m thinking of adding a Time Attack mode, with a lot more freedom to explore.
- Right now it plays a lot like Zero Mission. The upgrades available are the following:
SpeedBooster (complete with Shinespark)
- The beams can be stacked. Each one can be turned on/off on the fly. All four can be active at the same time, unlike Super Metoid.
- Missiles have splash damage. The whole damage is divided between the direct impact and the explosion. Super Missiles won’t affect the game difficulty during Metroid fights.
- Spider Ball works just like the original one. It can grip in any surface, but it’s really slow.
- PowerGrip has more animation frames than Zero Mission.
- Samus can walljump, just like in Zero Mission.
I’m working on a tech demo right now. I’ll be posting some details of the game design in this blog: Project AM2R
Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.