anti insect topic

meh… i wouldnt go to all the work to find their hive and spray it with bugspray while in an armor suit to prevent stings =)

off topic - hey dom master, is that in your sig quoted from me? i feel so honored!

No, yellow-jackets literally live in a hole in the ground.

Turns out, I was sitting about five feet away from one, and the things eventually realized that I was alive, and proceeded to attack me. Bad decision on their part.

got pissed, didnt u? :smiley:

i can say ive killed about 6 wasp nests, 2 bee hives, and at least 5 million ants. that is, i killed one ant colony, and whenever i kill bugs i use my dads flamethrower. ive only been in danger once, when there was like 4 bees left who stung my arm, and my ear. so they die if they sting you, LOL! btw, for killing scorpions, pour petrol in a circle around them, light the petrol, and the scorpion commits suicide because it thinks it cant escape!

yeah I was waiting for you to notice :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay My insect kill total is :O_O: 12 insects this year OMG!

Damn Hippies making me feel bad about killing wasps (no offense)

Lol. I wished i had gotton back to this topic.

MS, as your probably aware of, i dont beleive in souls, so as far as im concerned, killing a human and a germ are both murder (though on is absolutely unavoidable, therefore, we dont worry about it).

Butch, thats pretty much how i think. I can understand if you kill a wasp that stung you, but killing a whole hive, whether it be for pleasure, or revenge, just isnt just. Im not saying im better than you. I’ve destroyed wasp nests for revenge (not in the last 4 years, but i have), and i’ve also killed them for pleasure (at like, age 5). I just dont see any reason to kill if you dont have to.
If it’s in your immediate way, by all means destroy it, but i just dont see how that doesnt affect your conscience.

MS, you must be pretty hardcore if you survived a yellow jacket attack (i’ve heard stories, bad ones). I admit, i’d bury their fucking nest as well. I see a roach in my room. I kill it. I see a bee on a flower outside. I dont kill it. There’s no reason to.

Hippie?? Lol. That’s the nicest response i’ve gotten all topic. So what, i may seem alittle radical to you guys, but im definetly NOT a hippie. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

i find nothing wron with bugs actually.

Old topic…bumped /:0

Guess it doesnt really matter, since it’s still relevant.

I dont go killing bugs for fun, i think it is completeley sadistic and also it is not right to kill animals just for fun. Unless you are hunting to eat or they are attacking you .And i dont believe going to kill the whole hive or swarm just because ONE attacked you is something reasonable.

But dont call me a hippie, because i am no freakin? nature-cultist guy :O_O: , it?s just that i dont feel quite fine after realizing i have just killed an innocent living being for no reason. And yes, it is not classified as murder by law, but you have still killed someone, just like it happens when you kill a person…Well, except the “going to jail” part… :smiley:

Please stop posting that. It’s both minimodding and spam.

while i dont go killing bugs for pleasure (i have better things to do), i have no regret in killing one, as it likely would have little regret if it did the same to me (texas = black widow when in a crappy camp during hunting)

now, this is not to say im evil, and i know of nobody who would call me such, since i help out at animal vets (yes, for free!, on my own free time!), and have been the troubled one to find numerous kittens and taken them into my own house so that they would not drown inside a storm drain.

killing a bug and crying could be considered very similar to having your body kill of the flu, and mourning over it. as long as you take no great pleasure in it (if you collect various bugs just to pull off thier wings and put them next to ants, you have merilly crossed the line).

if not for logic, or for reason, just remember…its a bug…no really…lots of them live for a very short time anyways, get over it…

…right here i would normally put something blunt, but i am not yet awake enough to think of the right word.

anyways, i am assuming (making an ass out of u and me), that this at some point reached the question of destroying all bugs or some giant killing spree, to which i sigh at how tedious that would be, and how much hungrier spiders would be, leading to thier becoming giant and eating kittens (you wouldn’t want that!, would you!? )

anyways, nonsense aside, its a bug, leave it at that, and at the way they are treated today (small, and insignificant)

Sorry, it’s just been happening alot lately. I’ve just been a little bored on this forum lately. :frowning:

I think this is a nice way to put it. Killing bugs for pleasure, or just because you can pisses me off. Mabye i went a little far calling it murder, but it still is taking life uneccessarily. If i find a black widow in my house, i’ll kill it, because it’s a threat to my family, and if i take it outside, it coudl be a threat to someone else. But just because there a spider on my window, doesnt mean i’ll kill it. It’s done nothing wrong, except block a little light from coming into my room, and has probably helped with the flys anyway.

When people say “Ewwww!! A bug!! Kill it!!” I want to slap them.

If I can kill some of those invader flies(THEY FILLED UP MY HOUSE SO THE UPSTAIRS FLOOR WAS COVERED IN DEAD FLIES!!!) I will at that point, see the stuff in the()

meh, if i found a spider, i might kill it, but there is equal chance that i would simply watch it walk over into my closet. really its just a question of if it is moving in my direction, which kinda freaks me out.

bugs can be interesting and fun, just as they are an annoyance, and what you do, is simply what you do, think of daoism (yeah, i spelled it wrong, so what)

Wow all you bug lovers (if you will) all are exactly the opposite of me. The minute I see a spider is the minute a wad of something to kill bugs with comes out. And the minute I see a bee hive, I try to knock it down with whatever is available. And when my friends are around, we have competitions to see who can knock it down. I really hate bugs when they are annoying me (i.e. I am aware of their presence) but still, they ARE required in the biosystem and I really don’t have any problem of their existence, until they start “bugging” me.

you know whats amazing? a topic about how much you hate bugs is a ‘hot topic’

know what i have always wanted…an ant farm…but i know i would spill the ants or some crap, and wake up with an antpile on me face or some crap like that, lol.

is there a computer ant farm out there?

I CAN MAKE ONE!
I hate flies…

Lol. True dat. But i dont see how you can kill bugs because they creep you out. The only spiders that bother me are jumping spiders, cuz i dont want them in my hair, or under my shirt, where they might actually do some damage. If there’s a spider web in my room, i’ll take it down, for practical reasons, but I wouldnt kill a spider if i found it running on my floor. There’s a little technique called cup + piece of paper that removes them just fine. Wasp nests bother me a bit, but i’ve never been stung all my life, and there’s a reason for that. I stay wary of them, but dont bother them.

Lol, antfarms are cool, but antlions are betta!!

BTW, i hate those little flies, the ones that get in your cereal even if you close it. We didnt have them in texas, but they pester me now anytime i sit at the computer.

These are the most common fly I’ve seen. HUNDREDS of them.