Are Video Games Good For Chilldren ???

It’s not bad for your eyes is the thing. Not in itself.

Eyes: They can stare for hours and feel no pain.

Mine can. All they need is some blinking.

Okay yeah mine just did too.
Ehehe, Crysis.

i have glasses for a reason. also i don’t sit that close to the screen all the time >_>;
and of course i was raised by CRT and TV screens.

Just because you have glasses doesn’t mean there’s something you did to damage them. Sometimes eye problems a genetic.

Mine are, both my parents have glasses.

Mine aren’t too bad atm, though. Minor blurring over long distance.

sure, both my parents have glasses.
but i’m 100% sure my vision hasn’t been this bad since i first got the glasses, which was around 13 years ago. i wanted red ones but my mom said they were girly :neutral_face:

I admit some video games are mindless really horrible games but i learned a lot of what i know thanks to them.

I disagree, I don’t think there are any games out there that are horrible. (With the exception of the bad ones, but that’s a different kind of horror)

Not any mainstream games*?
I know I’ve encountered a few really mindless and worthless and horrible flash games >_>
They just don’t usually become popular.

There are some, but… not any that are horrible in that way.

There are some that depict things rather sadistically, but flash doesn’t have the power to portray these in anything but a stylised manner.

good luck trying to argue that point to the ignorant and stupid sub-race known as: Ignorant Adults with games such as GTA4

Christmas last year I had to defend Halo from a ruthless assault on it’s morals, and how it was incredibly bad for children.

I was surprised to see some people still believe the age ratings are difficulty ratings!

wow that is pathetic (the age ESRB=difficulty) I also heard the the RotK game had a different difficulty based on which console you were on (Xbox=hard, PS2/PC=medium, GCN=easy)

the intarweb teaches you about the real world.