*** Artifacts of the Month ***

In-game, all it does is rotate. So I made it ooze downward as well.

Dithering… instead of a glowing animation? I’ll try out the contour idea.

If someone edits your work and does it better than you can manage, then it’s no longer your work and both people can get credit. That’s one reason why I think it’d be rude not to ask first.

Also, I was going to add a Samus sprite to the first post, but ImageShack was down earlier and now I’ve gotta run.

Edit: Back. Did it now. Samus in first post. Sentence fragment.

Found it, and it doesn’t really show anything. It does show that the circles are apparently the same size, though (which I remembered differently) and metallic, not yellow. But that’s not enough to animate it.

I’ll get you a 640x480 video ASAP.

I love you <3 :smiley:

Doubled the frames.

Old:

New:

And it only took 3 hours. eye twitch

That looks really sexy. :astonished:

The black outline is eh though, and I still don’t agree with the spinnyness. Less contrast or something, I dunno, but it definitely looks really weird.

(It wasn’t exactly 640x480 because my recording program screwed up.)

Charge Beam item video:

http://download.yousendit.com/3118526C7DD5CFDB

I went ahead and recorded some other stuff on my way to it, so if anyone wants one of the following, lemme know…

The whole Frigate escape sequence, starting before the Parasite Queen, right after getting off the diagonal elevator
Hive Mecha fight, starting as the toxic water is filling up the place
Beetle fight and morph ball item

That’s rather different than I thought it was. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: gets to work

I think the black outline is only there on the anim, not on the final product, and as for not agreeing with the spinyness, start agreeing cause that’s exactly how it is ingame, Troid actually took the time to stare at the crate for hours just to get it right, so go observe it (like I did) before criting it Tim, it’d be appreciated.

I realize that it’s accurate. I’m saying that it doesn’t look like it’s oozing out, and just because Retro fucked it up doesn’t mean we have to. It’s good as it is, but if there was a way to do it, fairly accurately, but better looking than that, that would be a good idea. One way to do that would be to make the dark blue lighter, and/or the light blue darker. There was a huge improvement already between version 1 and 2, and I don’t see why you think Troid’s hit the ceiling of his capabilities already.

Maybe it’s not how you may think it’d react, but it’s Phazon Tim, it doesn’t exist, no one knows how it would really react, it already acts weird enough as it is. I didn’t say he hit his ceiling of full capabilities, I said it was accurate dead on.

Awesome. Let’s use that argument for all the ways Retro fucked up. It will be a crying shame if every shitty animation, glitch, mistake, and error doesn’t make it into the final version of our game.

I’m so sorry I ever thought we’d want to make our game immersive.

Because it’s not. It oozed out, then solidified. Now the insides are dancing around like in one of those Phazon bulbs. If you want, we could just have the animation itself be chaotic in-game, going forward and backward in waves. But I don’t want this to turn into an argument, really. It’s a one-time event in the game. <_<

Hm. The rest of your animation looks like it’s oozing, though.

It slides, it oozes, all in a glazed shell! Looks great, though it looks like it spirals down (I suggest you make it squirm instead, make it look alive :smiling_imp: ). My last post was a bit confusing and badly formulated (hurried and not even re-read): do make it glow, and make the animation smooth by dithering the Phazon. That combined with a squirming ani will rock.
Ah McCoy, I was hurrying as usual, and you and others have seemed to clarify the idea and make it better ^^. I forgot you recolored the stalactite for MZ page 2, sorry.

Yarr. >:3

Being an utter slob, could somebody give me links/ or whatever for Artifact 2 and 3 in terms of snapshots? Could I borrow the Samus on Metroid Zapper’s sheet? Is the Meditation Fountain the Flaahgra/Artifact room? Thanks if you do find anything. Feel free to modify my work when it’s done, for the better though.

Has anybody done the chozo statues in the ice temple of Phendrana? If not, I’m willing.

1. Dunno about the Meditation Fountain fountain, but I’m pretty sure a lot of the runic symbol gates can be seen in speedruns. I’ll go search.
  2. Of course. In fact, Samus is in the first post now.
  3. The Meditation Fountain fountain is in a Ruins room called “Meditation Fountain”. I don’t really remember what it looks like, but… Yeah. >_>;
  4. I don’t think so. IIRC we only have two Chozo statues done, neither from Phendrana’s chapel, so go ahead.

Also, I found some runic symbol gates in this speedrun: (though the quality is pretty poor)
Segment 4, 4:55 – Charge beam runic symbols/gate
Segment 4, 6:06 – To Flaahgra, Great tree runic symbol gate
Segment 14, 1:50 – To the Flaahgra artifact runic symbol gate

I think that’s it. The runic symbols themselves are listed as a separate Artifact to come later for some reason, but feel free to do those while you’re at it. They’re hard to see in the speedrun, but they don’t disappear like the gates do, so you can use any of your MP saves to see them.

Oh, and Segment 13, 1:15 – Chozo statue ice melting, hands glow, arms lower

I actually recorded a video starting just a few seconds before I opened the ruinic-symbol-based gate blocking the charge beam. Here’s one frame of it, deinterlaced.

WOW. Thanks T92 and McCoy. I’ll nip down to play the Cube and check the Meditation Fountain out. Thanks for the Speedrun and for that good pic. My only tool is my mobile, and the quality’s rubbish :sweat: . Are the chozo heads in the Temple of Phendrana going to be integrated in the background or should I do them after the statues (no promises about those heads)? I might need a morphball sprite for the statue for the hand proportions.