*** Artifacts of the Month ***

No, those were the beam upgrades. The Missile combos are all the same, minus color.

Ah, whoops.

Man, I think this is the latest I’ve ever been in updating a round. I was going to do it right on time last Sunday, but things came up and it got too late. With my busy schedule, in which I don’t even have much time for sleep, tonight is the earliest since Sunday that I could update this topic. I’m always exhausted and under a ton of unavoidable pressure, but hopefully there are still some here with time for this topic, or more importantly time for anything fun.

Nobody submitted anything this last round, but trust me, I can totally understand why that would happen at this time of the year. :angry:

Topic updated:

1. Stasis/Cordite Casing Tanks - These are already made by someone, but they’re lost. So, as usual, either find them or make new ones.
  2. Runic Symbols - You know, scan them all and open the gate. I don’t know if the symbols are different for each room or if they keep reusing the same ones.
  3. Save Station Gate - The first save station in the Phazon Mines originally is blocked by a gate that is opened with a scan point. I think it’d be neat if that was sprited, although it’d be a really quick, thin sprite.
  4. Leaving Tallon IV Jingle MIDI - You has won game, congrads, doot dee doo doo, Samus flyah way.
  5. Flickerbat - A small creature with a short animation. They often don’t appear in the combat visor. You have to keep an eye on their trails.
  6. Floating Spike Platforms - The ones in the Impact Crater. They don’t animate at all, IIRC.
  7. Bendezium Debris - The stuff that has to be power-bombed. Pile of dark concrete.
  8. Elevator Scan Point - That little thing? Come on, there’s nothing to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

This month is Lol Month. Round ends October 26th, 2008.

:frowning:
This month is awsome…and it has to be the month where my comp is dead…
:imp:
I REAAALLLY want to do prettymuch everything on the list…
cry

A start on the Bendezium debris. I hope I did it before anyone else because I actually want to contribute.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2983/flickerbatye4.png

Mah Flikahbaht.

That seems a lil bit small…

Aren’t they suposed to swarm? 'Cause if they are, making them any bigger would probably look weird.

Maybe…I’m really not sure what the bats are… :stuck_out_tongue:
lol
so yeah…
Just…that was how it seemed.

Also, your debits needs more contrast and detail.
Plus, never outline in black. Ever. Unless you are going for a cartoon look.

I can’t really add much more detail, but I agree on the contrast.

Alright, so I saw that there wasn’t much progress on October’s AoM list, so I decided to help out. I made the elevator scan point thingie.

This is as good as I can get it,(I based off of what I could catch from some youtube vid’s). (I don’t have a copy atm) :frowning:
If someone could send me a couple of quality screenies, I could probably make it alot better.

I’m back on a computer, and would like to sprite.
Spike Platforms
Cordite Tanks
Sounds fun. :smiley:
Edit:
Anybody actually doing anything?

Errr…common people?

WIP, from memory because my GC controller hates me.

This was my platform (sent it to T92 a month ago)

Scan point (see other parentheses)

Slightly better looking debris (“”)

When is the new list coming (and Troid)?

the dibris reminds me of a pile of matresses. i suggest more contrast and larger areas of brightness/darkness. a few pixels there isn’t going to do anything much.

here. take a look at this for rocky structure. this is actually supposed to be crystal but the technique can work as rocks with different colors

I thought the same thing, but if you google “bendezium debris” in images, it shows a picture that I based my sprite off of.

really? it told me the search yeilded 0 results in google images.

Scan point has a chozo head on top of it. >_>

Sorry, try “Metroid Prime bendezium”

ok u were right :smiley: