*** Artifacts of the Month ***

i’ll get back to my song as soon as troid lets me know what song he meant in the first post of this topic.

Lol.

After this week or so I will be on limited computer use, because I am sending in my motherboard for fixing of faulty parts.

… Oculi are the things which create a beam and that stick out of walls. I’m pretty sure. Those things after you collect the charge beam. Not the Suntower things. They’re variants I believe.

Edit: Sorry, I completely forgot that they appear in the Sun Tower, too. I was only thinking of the Tower of Light. Both rooms would be good to map out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have the original magnetic rail track sheet, but the tracks are featured in Mockup #9. Unfortunately it’s a JPG, so a bit of touching up would be needed eventually.
(I don’t even want to imagine the number of resources that have been lost in the past. We’re lucky to have a JPG.)

Pomegranate: This post …

… is correct.

Timmehboy: Those are eyons, and they’re already done. Sorry, easy to confuse. :wink:

:S
I beg your pardon then and take back what I said. I will try and do the Oculus some time then :slight_smile:

Haha Troid, I was apparently the one who made that mockup so I have the tracks, non-jpeg’d and everything… not the originals though. That’s fine, I guess.

So I’ll map out both rooms then.

And yeah, the loss of resources is very painful. :frowning: I think that DF and/or CFX have a lot of things that aren’t posted anywhere on these forums though.

EDIT:

Well, with this layout for Sun Tower, the Oculi can be done side view or front view. Front view would look better IMO, but for what I have in mind for ToL, side view is going to be needed anyway. So maybe both?

EDIT2: Also, I’m not sure how useful these tilemaps are going to be when the time comes to actually create the rooms… if their only use is as a reference, would it be okay to make ToL in 8x8 (for obvious reasons)?

ok how’s this? try mpendnew.mid at:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5d53e74…2db6fb9a8902bda

I think all the samples you’ve got should be chorus variants (because the channels you’ve done are chorus in the original). Maybe a higher pitch.
I’m liking it! Good luck and carry on! :slight_smile:

Tile size? Of course. You could probably get away with 4x4, 2x2, or even 1x1. :stuck_out_tongue:

Both views of oculi would be neat.

Pomegranate: Sorry if I’m blunt, but I’m straining to recognize the original melody from that, and the lower part doesn’t make much sense at times. Try to aim for accuracy to start with.

Okay. Don’t expect it too soon though :frowning:

its alright criticizm is good. i’ll get back to work on it.
I had it accurate with the original but once I added the lower octive bit it kinda ruined it… I have to think of how to add more vocal channels without them sounding the same but keeping the same feel of the original.

another question:
want me to make it any longer or have a continuation or something or is the length fine as it is?

I’d like it longer please :slight_smile:
Good luck on finding the right midi samples etc!

twss

The Phazon crystals. I’m assuming that’s what those blob things are.

i think you’re seeing the things that are going up the walls

I’m sorry but I don’t know what that means… I’ve been trying to work out what it means. What does it mean? :neutral_face:

That’s what she said.

Ah. Duh :confused:. Okay.

[no0b] lerant a new thing on teh intrenet!11!1! :smiley: [/no0b]

im starting to dislike whats in the red circle

I’M LATE. I’M SORRY! IT WON’T HAPPEN AGAIN!! For at least another month!

Things came up, and school is back.

Here are some more things to work on, if anyone’s interested:
Lava
War Wasp Hive (by 072 already–please see the mock-ups I posted several pages ago–dunno if you want to touch them up, but they look pretty complete)
Oculus (claimed by Timmehboy)
Plasma Processing Pipes (in the plasma beam room)
Giant teeth (in Impact Crater)
Hive Mecha

Sorry, gotta go.