*** Artifacts of the Month ***

By “=O” I meant “I am shocked at your awesome attention to detail =O”.
But if you were wrong, I retract that smiley <_<
Shame on you, shame!

SHAME. Detail is one thing that is essential to sprites. Accuracy too. Which means my sprite needs revision in terms of shading.

This requires a double post: there’s a slight problem:

See? That’s the only way to make the room 2D, which means that I have to redo the sprite :angry: .

Recolour:

No, you’re fine. I checked on the map, the room in 2D goes kind of like this:

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;____________ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; _____| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;/| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ______| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;__|______| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| &nbsp; &nbsp; __| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| &nbsp; &nbsp;| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;|____[]
Sorry, I should’ve posted the maps earlier.

Edit: Here’s Phendrana.

Where will the columns and chozo heads be? And the platforms, if I think about it?

Uh, given the restrictions of 2D, I would say the platforms would be what you jump on, and the chozo heads and columns would go in the background. Simply my opinion, though.

You don’t seem to remember that to go to the chozo statue, you first jump up a series of platforms, then you reach the chozo heads, then the statue. T92 seems to have cut off the area with the platforms off. The chozo heads and columns o in the background, like you said.

l
l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? . ?. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l ? ? U ? ?l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l_ ? ? ? l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l___l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l ?l ? ? ? ? ? ? l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? /l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?. . ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l_l_______l\l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? U ? ? ? ? ?l l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? l ? ? ? l ? ? ? ? ?l l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l____l ? ? ? ? ?l l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l____l ? ? ? ? ?l l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?l ? ? ?l ? ? ? ? ? l l
l ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
___ ? ? ? ? ?l ? ? ?l ? ? ? ? ? l l
l\ ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? l ? ? ?l ? ? ? ? ?l ? ? ?l ? ? ? ? ? l l
l/_l ? ? ?l/______l_______________________________l

Well, I think it can be assumed that the layout is rough, so that adjustments could be made to fit in details like the statues and pillars. However, I have no idea if that’s true, seeing as how I can only assume.

Yeah, the s123i68’s right. The shapes and sizes of the rooms aren’t final, and I’m sure that room will be stretched out to include the two hallways and the vertical stretch of platforms. My point was that you’re fine making the statue come out of the wall on the right. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love it how you refer to me as “The s123i68” It’s amusing, in a way.

OK. I’m reassured. Now I’m just waiting for D16’s model…

Final weekend alert: This Sunday is your last day to complete the Artifacts. Remember that final submissions must be private-messaged to me.

Also, “the s123i68” was a typo. In the original draft it started with “Yeah, the shapes and sizes …”, but then I decided to insert “s123i68’s right”. I must’ve mis-clicked. If you want me to call you The s123i68, though, I wouldn’t mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

Done deal, you got my final draft. Anyone else done theirs?

Well, I don’t care either way, but it did sound kinda cool…

I’ll need to delay my Artifacts for the next month. I’ve had a busy week… And I coul let of an artifact or two. Bit too ambitious, you see.

Alrighty.

As for everyone else, today’s the last day, so finish up your final drafts and send them to me.

I will accept late work, but each day it’s late you get one letter grade down (so if you would’ve gotten an F, you get a G instead), and it goes on your permanent record for all future job employers to see. You also lose all retirement savings and any health care benefits provided by this forum, and your paycheck amount will be cut in half.

Do we have to serve detention…? Meep.

mmmk, I want a retirement fund from P2D.

First post updated, new round started. The next Artifacts are due March 23rd. Maybe you’ll want to jot the date down this time.

I received a total of… 2 final submissions: The leaking crate of phazon by myself and the stalactites by Metroid_Zapper. You can turn in your Artifacts any time you want (finish, upload, and send them to me within the next week if you can manage), but it’s much easier if you just do it by the date I give. :sweat:

Anyway, this month is Pirate Labs Month. There are 7 Artifacts:

1. Space Pirate’s Lunch (Dazuro Ghenari) – This was actually done by Dazuro but was lost with SCU. If he finds it and posts it, that’s all we need. Otherwise, it’s hardly much work.
  2. Pirate-Only Doors – These are doors along the walls that open up when a Pirate is near. You can get them to stay open by killing a pirate in a certain way (IIRC a charged plasma beam shot), but an invisible wall stops Samus from entering the mysterious hallways.
  3. Phazon Nutrient Vat/Synthetic Metroid Ration Mix Processor – Found mainly in the Phazon mines.
  4. Sentry Drone (Sephi_hatu) – Sephi made these already, and the sheet hasn’t been lost or anything. No offense to Sephi, but they’re a little incomplete and could use a remake.
  5. Standard Spinner Device
  6. Secondary Item Fanfare MIDI
  7. Solar System Hologram and Machine – This is the biggest Artifact this month. It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out.

This is much fairer than last month’s Artifacts. We should be able to finish all of these.

Dibs on the Solar System hologram and machine. Blending colors in MSPaint is actually a bit fun. I hope that the game’s colors support alpha layering.

I may do the standard Spinner device if time allows, but don’t mark it down as ‘claimed’ quite yet.

EDIT: Also, I’m not sure what the secondary fanfare sounds like, but if anyone wants to hear my quick throw-together of the, er, whatever fanfare, and if anyone would like to verify that it has a correct sort of atmosphere:
http://media.putfile.com/Metroid-Prime-ite…lection-fanfare
Three staffs: choir ahhs; hammond organ; synth voice.