Which operating system do you prefer?
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Other Linux Distribution
- Mac OS X
Since the RAM topic is completely off topic right now, I figured I’d start a new topic.
This is simply a topic for explaining your points on which operating system you prefer. Do not get out-of-hand on this, and do not flame other members.
Now, I’d like to mention a few things (sorry to pick on you, Liksmaskaren, but you argued the most, lol):
Even though I already answered this in the other topic, I’ll say it again: when you argue operating systems, you do not argue the software that can be run on it or comes with it. You can get good programs for Linux, Windows, and Mac for the most part (not games, but normal programs), so that doesn’t make a legit argument. Argue the features of the actual shell and not the software run over the shell.
PCs are made for customizing. Customizing is not necessarily a bad thing. Mac hardware is mostly around the middle, while PCs’ hardware can zig and zag around the middle in great amounts. If you have higher than that line, then you’re happy. If you’re lower (like me), then that just sucks. But it doesn’t mean we should all switch to Macs.
Did you really take those Mac vs. PC commercials seriously? PCs aren’t all about office and business, and Macs aren’t all about media. While PCs may be more work, you have a higher potential of getting something better out of it.
Now, to express a bit of my opinion:
- PCs are really the best (in my opinion, of course). Customization is what I want, and I certainly get it.
- None of the operating systems are bad although I like Windows and Linux better than Macintosh.
- I prefer Fedora and Windows 7 out of all the operating systems, simply because of the balance between functionality, performance, and customization.
- Do not ask what your OS can do for you, but what you can do for your OS.
- By “customization,” I mean configuration as well as appearance. You can change almost everything in Windows/Linux (besides the actual shell) in one way or another.
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but these are my points.