best games company

you forgot konami, tt games, kojimma productions, bungie (gasp 'tard) capcom, lionhead, camelot, etc how can I vote if none of my favourate companys are up there!

bungie would get my vote anyway

Um … you forgot an option for the best game development company. For PC games, anyways.

Valve has been named the best PC gaming company of all time, with its two “Best Game of All Time” titles, Half Life and Half Life 2. Not to mention the biggest, most played multiplayer FPS of all time, Counter Strike.

What is wrong with you, may I ask? No Valve? No Konomi? Did you even put id Software up there? Or are we only talking about console games? Because if so, I would have to say Retro ^.^

i dislike id. and valve. their games arent that great…

You’re stating that as if it’s fact. Favorites are favorites for a reason, ergo bias.

Hey, I think ID is great.

well, doom just isnt my kind of game. ya see, in my mind, there is a point where a gme gets TOO violent, and doom is past it.
off topic question: y bother quoting when you are right after it?

Actually, there’s games alot worse than DOOM 3. It’s more demonic than other games, but trust me, they can get alot worse (the more recent Resident Evils for instance).

I was pointing out a specific part of your post… but your post was really small so I shouldn’t have… damn

wtf guys >_> you forgot ubisoft (in the poll)

PoP
Farcry
Ghost Recon
Splinter Cell
etc.

Nintendo still pwns though

well the guy that made this obviously couldnt fit alll developers but it was poorly constructed. since this topic has clearly turned into a “whats your favorite developers” question, i will just say that konami, blizzard, nintendo and microsoft are my favorites. im not into half life, even if its a wonderfull game (mainly im not cause my computer cant support it ^_^), so i dont specifically like valve.

actually, ive played the resident evil 4. its nowhere near as bad as doom.

edit: ok, its just as gory, but i mean violence-wise

What do you mean “violence wise”? Doom only had random creatures slashing and clawing. You never saw a singe decapitation once. Resident Evil on the other hand has dozens of violent deaths (decapitation by chainsaw or thrown sythes for example). Violence isn’t really gore, it’s how violent the death is. Hell, your avatar is violent!

also no doom game was bad in any way.

thats not what i mean. when enemies attack you (not killing you) its a lot more violent.
what your saying is like like halo isnt more violent than say… 007 Nightfire because the deaths arent as gruesome.

ps- i know my avvie is violent, it still is hilarius.

potter puppet pals :stuck_out_tongue:

secret episode, yes.

bandai is a game devoloper. i really like the gundam games the put out.

hm… never played those games.

Myself I don’t mind nintendo, the only reson why i got my nintendo gamecube was that i loved metroid and could not live without it. :laughing:

How in hell can you dislike Valve? I mean, come on. Half Life? If you think Halo was the first FPS to be a so called “Great Game” then you have had your head stuck up your arse for the past ten years.

And as for id Software, dear god man, they only invented the first person shooter.

Anyways, as stated previously, the lack of some of the greater game companies (mentionted by multiple people) makes it where most of us cannot vote.

But then again, this topic is a bit general. If you dont like FPS games, you surely wont care if Valve is up there. But if you dont like RTS games, then you wouldnt care if Seirra was up there. So … really, this is more about favorite genre of games, not just the producer. In that case … I still wouldnt be able to vote, for I like all genres …

alot of people bought an xbox just for halo…you know that right?

oh, yeah, that does make sense…

i never played half life, but it doesnt look appealing to me.

as for id, i know they invented the fps, but their games arent good imo