Blast from the past: Name this game?

So way back in the first years of school (1994-1997ish) we would play this game on the computer. I remember vaguely it having to do with Ancient Egypt or something like that. It was a side-scrolling game… I think it was DOS based, as I seem to remember using command prompt on the black screen to pull it up, but I’m not 100% sure. I would love if someone remembers this game so I can look back at what I used to think was such an amazing game and laugh… plus maybe give it another try. :smiley:

Egypt? Want to give some more info?
The only thing that even seems close is the original Prince of Persia.

I found it out by speaking with some other people:

And seriously, that was all I remembered. xD

Oh man! XD Those games were awesome. I never had that one, but I had one that had to do with a race track or something… Planes and cars. Fun stuff.

Ah yes, I remember those games.

Even I remember those useless games. Anyone ever play Math Blaster before?

Yes! I rocked those games years before I was in the corresponding grade! …yet I still don’t like math.

How about Chex Quest? Or Carmen Sandiego?

Hell yeah! Best games ever.

Best game to ever come from a cereal box, for sure. I remember a Carmen Sandiego game too; did that also come in a cereal box?

Yes. It did. I distinctly remember that. Those games were the s**t man. I still have loads of those.

i got one
you played as an egg

ALL I EFFING REMEMBER

Whoa. I vaguely remember something like that.

…and what was that one Mac game where you were a raptor with a jetpack trying to save all the dinosaur eggs?

Fucking Nanosaur.

Ahh… chex quest…

DUDE NANOSAUR WAS AWESOME

ZOMG IT WUZ

so im pretty sure the egg game thing was either PS or SNES

I usually ignore the general gaming forums.

Today, I must mention a few old games I still have and loved!

SimAnt
SimTower
SimCopter
Majestic - Part 1: Alien Encounter, by Istvan Pely. Such an obscure but fun point-and-click adventure with revolutionary graphics (pre-rendered) for its time. :stuck_out_tongue:
SimFarm (well, I don’t have it, but I wish I could find it)

So yeah, old games are the bomb. Every highly-rated modern game I can find is a first-person shooter or something similar, and I’m not particularly fond of FPSes.