Bruce Lee

I have multiple objects for one exit (so I can just arrange a bunch of exit blocks in a row so the player hits one of them to go into another room) and if I screwed around with the creation code, I’d have to set it for every single block, which would be a paaaaaaaiiiiiiiiin.
But I could do it if absolutely necessary.

EDIT: Check out the objectives I have set up. Now you can go into the left room for a boss fight, go to the northeast corner of the big park area and you’ll find a guy with a crashed R33. Talk to him (click to talk now) and be sent on an epic journey if you so desire.

So, is this a new version you’re describing with that last post, or is it the same one that you’ve given us?

Hmm, w/e, when in Rome and all that.

Still, one thing about the V I downloaded, I think it’s the one you linked to on ME, the cars went screwy. You turned the same no matter how fast you were going, like
if speed>0
maxturnperstep=w/e
rather than
maxturnperstep=speed*w/e
You get what I’m saying?

It’s a new one I just uploaded, but using the same link.

Version I…the very very first one? That one didn’t have cars.
But yeah, when the cars were in there, things were crazy. The turning sucked.
Thankfully now the physics are actually quite faithful. Not like a simulator (Gran Turismo), but like a really well done arcade racer, like Need For Speed Pro Street.
The car physics probably took the most time out of everything to get just right. Everything else was actually pretty easy.

V , I (as in me) downloaded, not V1.
It came with a car testing thing, with a race thing, in a seperate app.

What about having only one exit object, and one instance of it per exit? Just make a script that creates an instance of one and sets its x, y, width, height, roomToTeleportTo, dest_x, and dest_y values. Call that script for the exits in each room with the room’s creation code. The object then resizes its mask to the width and height it was given. Then it’s fast and easy to place exits.

I can’t believe I never thought of that.
It’s fast and easy now, and I’m hoping I’ll never need more than four exits to a room.
I’ll try that though, sounds like it could work very well.

O_o
You must have misunderstood my idea, it was that, but w/o a script.