**Build demo topic**

showpost #2?

Succes! :smiley:> :stuck_out_tongue:

Download link is down :cry: .

Yea, seems like Mills removed my folder. I can’t connect with ftp either.
First he kills the domain name without noticing me, and now he removes my folder… again without warning me. WTF is up with Mills, being a little bit polite doesn’t hurt right…

I’ll upload it on another server later today.

yay!..I really really want to try this out ^-^

My folder is gone, but it seems like p2d’s still up:
http://www.samus.co.uk/mp2d/mp2d_30_beta_2.zip

Have fun

the only thing I can do with that is walk and crouch. No shooting or jumping >.<

sigh
Set your own controls, press numpad . to pause and set your keys with enter.

The current demo is set with my personal keyboard settings, next one will have a layout preferred by the users here.

edit- never mind just found out

Hey DF you never responded to my question so I’m assuming that either you didn’t see it or decided to ignore it so I decided to ask again.

Bug: You can’t jump and shoot up left or up right by pressing jump, left or right and fire, it always shoots straight up. In other words aiming with movement buttons (deffault: arrowkeys) does not work when jumping.

Oh, sorry, forgot to reply to that question.

I’m not gonna release the old engine, because all p2d stuff is in it (which is p2d-only), but also because it sux. It would take anyone way to much time to undesrtand all my code. You might as well spend all that time making a new engine by yourself.

@57E
That’s your keyboard, if you press to much keys at the same time, it will miss keys. Try setting some keys to shift or ctrl, that might help you out.

I don’t think so. I set the controls same that I use to play Super Metroid in Zsnes.
Also, right + up + fire = shoot up right, Works while samus is on ground running right,
but while on air, right + up + fire = shoots straight up instead of shooting up right. With arrowkeys I can’t even make samus to aim up right while falling.
It takes only three keys pressed in same time, I dont think I have that crap keyboard.

If my engrish doesn’t make any sense try it your self:
run while pressing arrow up and then jump to see how aim changes.

Hmm, Valid points DF I see what you mean.

New demo comming next week!

New stuff:

• minimap
  • updated environments
  • more glitches fixed
  • morph ball bombs

It won’t be that long before I’ve reached the 2.6 demo status again (3 weeks is my guess)

After that it’s the pq battle and the escape sequence (which will totaly rock)

showpostypost!

oooo I cant wait to see this =D

Here it is: http://samus.co.uk/mp2d/mp2d_30_beta_4.zip

Have fun :wink:

Stuff to redo:

• selection screen
  • load/save system
  • scanning
  • all rooms (17)
  • death screen

Up next, v3.0 (no more beta)
v3.0 will be the same as 2.6, content-wise.

1-wtf happened to all the controls? i cant even access the map any more, let alone use the scan visor.
2-start menu? where is that?
3-the space pirate death -fading out- takes way too long.
4-the parasites die if you shoot anywhere even relatively near them
5-the control layout as it is is bad
6-charge should only start after it shoots once, not just if you hold it down. as it is it just starts charging.
7-beams go through the parasites
8-while on top of your ship, you can jump over the first forcefield.
9-when the space pirate shoots, only the first of the three beams damages samus
10-after finally figuring out how to get to the menu, it says scan visor is 6, but when i press 6 nothing happens.

wtf happened with this? the previous demo was way better.

although i did like what you did with the morph ball bomb particles coming off randomly :slight_smile:

1: controls have changed, press ‘p’ to pause, then go to options to set your keys
2: on my to-do list
3: agreed
4: also correct
5: see 1
6: not gonna chang that, it’s better this way
7: correct
8: also correct, didn’t feel like placing a invisible wall
9: I’ll check that out
10: scan visor is currently disabled, check my previous post

What demo do you mean? 2.6 or the previous beta?
Doesn’t really matter, this demo is way better then any of them.