**Build demo topic**

Oh wow and I thought the demo ended at the second door… why is there a timer there again?

Once again you have delivered a high quality demo, each time the improvements make it better and better. Well done again!

i suppose it was to spice things up a little…
1001 posts! :smiley:>

First post here. :smiley:>

Good demo. I highly enjoyed it. One problem: In the intro, “around” needs to be changed to “above” since that is what it’s called in the Original Metroid Prime.

Great demo with great graphics! ^^ I can’t seem to get the custom controls to work, but using the defaults and seeing what they’re set to right now in the pause screen is good enough anyways. :slight_smile: The graphics are really awesome!

http://samus.co.uk/destroyer/mp2d_30_beta_2.zip

What’s in this demo:
The new engine at work, it’s not finished yet, but it runs a lot faster and smoother then the last one.
Customise your controls: press numpad . to pause, an change your keys.

What’s not in this demo:
pretty much everything from v2.6, the rooms will be redesigned completely for better gameplay.

Yea it’s short, 5 rooms, I know.
You should know that thanks to gamemaker I spend 75% of my time with fixing glitches an bugs, and 25% on actual programming and progressing. Sucks eh…
That used to be 95% - 5% with the old engine >_> So it’s actually a lot better now.

edit
Glitchlist:
yellow = fixed

001: [v1] Angle up should override the control pad
002: [v1] Jumping while holding down doesn’t make the gun point down
003: [v1] Can’t jump from crouching
004: [v1] Messed up key states in room transitions (<-- damn GM flaw)
005: [v1] Cannot aim dow with arrow keys while running
006: [v1] Shoot missiles through wall
007: [v1] hurt animation is shown the wrong way (sometimes)
008: [v1] morphing not disabled when coming out of the ship
009: [v1] Can’t morph in mid-air

010: [v1] samus slows down just before slopes
011: [v1] jumping from a slope reduces the jump speed

012: [v2] screen res switch 4:3 ↔ 16:9 has some weird effects…
013: [v2] charge beam is not fired when releasing key in certain cases (salto,mb, room switch,…)
014: [v2] forgot to program the quit button >_>

When you find a glitch, check this list first, only post new ones.

how the hell can you host something on SCU if it’s dead?

also…yay j2k is finally not buggy

the footsteps SFX plays while in morph ball other than that nice job DF! although it looks and feels more like SM than it did in the past… not sure if that is good or bad =/

EDIT:
DF do you still have the old engine? if so do you mind releasing that or is that one of those “When cows from mars visit us” kind of things?

nice to see the project isn’t dying like other fangames. Nice work, all!

You can jump over the first wall, when you jump from the gunship: image

Also: When you enter a door and change direction as soon as the transition starts, you’ll see samus walking out, which looks kinda strange.

[EDIT] It’s possible to fire a missile when charging

Whoa, that’s a really nice find =o
It took me 5 tries to reproduce it.

In other news, your name (Thommay) makes me giggle. :laughing:

EDIT + Showpost: The jumping over the wall is what I meant. The other two are cool, too, but not so much >_>

showpost #2?

Succes! :smiley:> :stuck_out_tongue:

Download link is down :cry: .

Yea, seems like Mills removed my folder. I can’t connect with ftp either.
First he kills the domain name without noticing me, and now he removes my folder… again without warning me. WTF is up with Mills, being a little bit polite doesn’t hurt right…

I’ll upload it on another server later today.

yay!..I really really want to try this out ^-^

My folder is gone, but it seems like p2d’s still up:
http://www.samus.co.uk/mp2d/mp2d_30_beta_2.zip

Have fun

the only thing I can do with that is walk and crouch. No shooting or jumping >.<

sigh
Set your own controls, press numpad . to pause and set your keys with enter.

The current demo is set with my personal keyboard settings, next one will have a layout preferred by the users here.