Castlevania: Requiem of Lost Souls

this game won’t have the Jumpin’ Humpers, will it?

That background is awesome. Lookin’ good.

The what? O.o

Go to VGDC and watch the movie about the Jumpin’ Humpers. It’s just like the way they move in-game (looks like they’re always humping something beneeth them).

Ah, Flea Men?

They’re one of my favorite creatures in video game history.

Hell yes we’re having them.

Dude, they’re in the screenshot even. <_<

Oh ya… So they are. Funny I din’t notice.

ahh i hated those guys in curse of darkness. anyway good job.

Bwahaha. Dazzy here again with a “we’re not dead”, an update on features, and just a few general teasers.

We’ve added a bunch of movement abilities, including whip grappling and doublejump-kicks, and are creating a trailer. We might have one more demo, but beyond that we’re gonna make sure not to make the Retro Mistake ™–that is, revealing too damn much before the game is out. We’ve also solidified plans for quite a few unlockables for after the main game, some of which have extra unlockables of their own of course, including the tentatively titled Samurai Mode as well as the Warped Reality mode, as well as the simple alternate character quests. What do these and the other modes will entail? Well, you’ll have to unlock them and find out.

Clock Tower underway. This level is sexy so far; RP’s doing a great job. It feels extremely CV-ish yet new. :

It also defies the laws of physics in ways even CV usually doesn’t, but let’s just ignore questions like “where do the spikes go when they retract”, hm? >_>;

I hear castlevania is the shizzle, but ive never played it. Will this demo be easy to jump into for noobs, or do i need some vania-experience. Eitherway, i love the retro look.

Castlevania games (this one included, at least as far as I can tell) are easy to start playing without previous Castlevania experience. Even more so for Metroid fans, as the level design is the same–It’s one giant world with tons of upgrades, and you unlock more of it with each upgrade.

And that clock tower looks really cool, other than the platforms on the right. Now all it needs (other than better platforms on the right) is blood on the spikes and the spinning wheel things :smiling_imp:

so…before i download it, is it worth playing, or just kinda to show that it is being done? (not insulting, but blunt, just wondering if it is actually worth playtime) :smiley:

cool.

No demo yet, but RP made a trailer showcasing some of our awesome new stuff.

http://lod.pixelatedempire.net/trailer.wmv

Note that it lags and freezes a bit, but that’s just due to RP’s shitty capture program, the real engine is quite smooth except in the Malachi battle.

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

while i still think a graphics update would be very cool, regardless, this is a frickin awesome job you guys did, the trailer is making me want to go download the game, so i cannot talk, must play.

agh, i couldn’t get the demos!

the first one didn’t show it, just a screen for that stupid site, and the second one didn’t go anywhere, did the error thing.

so this is back alive? are you gonna use the same clunky graphics as in that demo tho?

i wouldn’t consider them clunky, they are good and all, just dont put you into the game as much as i was hoping.

We’ve enhanced a lot of them quite a bit. Especially the skeletons… blargh at the old ones.

Very sexy. :astonished:

Now it just needs better/brighter text at the end so people aren’t trying to add “Gavisformoosrs” to their “ElIAl” instant messenger program. :stuck_out_tongue:

anything i can do to help the game along ( boring stuff, bitchwork, whatever), looks really promising.

Haven’t checked up on this in awhile… Nice work, Dazzy, and to the rest of your team, too.