Celestial Bodies

What is your favorite type of celestial object?

• Sun
  • Moon
  • Asteroid
  • Planet
  • Nebula
  • Solar System
  • Constellation
  • Galaxy
  • Black Hole
  • Neutron Star
  • White Dwarf
  • Black Dwarf
  • Red Giant
  • Red Supergiant
  • Pulsar
  • Vacuum :slight_smile:
0 voters

Yeah. I like the moon, though the choice of vacuum was very tempting.

I voted Galaxy, because the possibilities are endless within one.

I sorta went overboard with the choices… The possibilities aren’t quite endless in a galaxy, though it’s the largest choice available.

Well, I meant that the possibilities for Life are endless. With the sheer size of a Galaxy, can you even suggest that we are alone without making yerself apear a fool?

i like black dwarves.

:>_>: You can make yourself appear a fool by spelling appear wrong. But yeah, there probably is more life in the universe.

If there is more species out there I am sure we are the most intelegent.

That’s an arrogant though.
And gee, we are really unified in our choices. :unamused:

Well, if it is arrogant it’s beacuse i’m a chathlic and according to the chathlic faith we are the only species.

And sorry about saying most intelegent. I meant we are the most advanced.

It’s Catholic. Fancy that, not even able to spell your religion! And if I remember correctly, nowhere does it say that we are the only inteligent species.

As far as I know, the Bible is written on a need-to-know-basis. On the subject of E.T.I.(Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence), we don’t need to know as a basis for our faith.

That said, I honestly don’t think that the Human race will be more intelligent than any species we meet, and I don’t think we’ll be less intelligent, either. Intelligence and advancement are two separate things. :stuck_out_tongue: Like Calvin the Bold said, “I think the surrest sign that there is intelligent Life elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has attempted to make contact with us.”

lol
But on a serious note, what if it can’t, or is unaware of us? What if their nations think the same arrogant thoughts as us?

Tough choice between nebula, red supergiant, and neutron stars(all varieties). When I think of the red supergiant, I rather like the idea of a stellar object so large that if it was placed at the position of our sun, it’s edge could possibly suprass that of earth. That is if it was only a regular red giant, as our sun will someday become. A supergiant would be even larger. Overtake mars? Jupiter perhaps? As for what I would enjoy sepending my lifetime looking at, definitely nebula.

Guys, religious discussion is a touchy subject. Stick to discussing celestial whatsits here, please. >_>

Just so everybody knows, there is no such thing as a black dwarf star.

I vote for black hole, though, singularities and near-infinites are mathematically fascinating. Let’s just hope no human being decides to wander too close to one of those xD

~Flamy

Black holes have to be the coolest things ever. Someday someone will find out what they do, but in the meantime, I’ll just admire their coolness. 8)

someday we’ll all be sucked in one…
hopefully it’ll be after the release of P2D.

We won’t all be sucked into a black hole. We’ll all be evaporated as the sun expands to its red giant stage and devours the Earth, but we’ll never be doomed to fall into a black hole.

~Flamy

you do know that just in between earth and saturn there are more than 6 black holes, right? if you didn’t you should check on the discovery every once in a while (tho’ i imagine you already do :stuck_out_tongue: )

peace!

So? That doesn’t mean we’ll be sucked into one.