Colaboration

btw your avatar reminds me of the german kid on youtube who freaks out when his computer doesn’t load quick enough. he goes berzerk!

:smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHpPqm7kzI

lol hitler

starte das shpeil!

I’ve always thought that the angry german kid was stupid but i seriously loled there

i think he might be mentally retarded.

I felt bad for declining after requesting some blocks, so I began to make something on the blocks I claimed, and realized that I couldn’t. So I took the liberty of using some unclaimed blocks to make something else. Yes, I realize it’s horribly flat and, well, not good. Now you know why I don’t post my sprites. They’re ridiculously flat and just not good.

Feel free to edit and/or leave it out of the colab. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings, it’s just after I declined, I felt bad. After all, this is a Collaboration. We all need to participate, right? :smiley:

EDIT: In case you couldn’t already tell, I jacked 93 and 94. I may or may not continue to work on it to fix it up, add detail, etc. But I’m gonna tell you now, it won’t get much better.

.jpg?

Huh? If you’re referring to the picture, then what else do you recommend? I can change it. If you’re referring to the URL, that’s just the filename in my computer. I just wanted to get the pic up, so I just put that on the end instead of replacing the old one. I’m sure it was the more complicated way of doing it, though.

Png is lossless, and should always be used for sprites.

Ah, I see. I shall change it, then.

EDIT: It has been changed. Oh btw, in case you couldn’t tell, I’m blatantly unaware of many unwritten spriting “laws.”

65 92

its not so much a rule as common sense. if you make a sprite to use in a game, or even a website or such, it’s going to need a color that the engine can strip away to make transparent. when you use jpeg it artifacts and blurs the edges of outlines, so when the background color is replaced with transparency, you get something like this:

also:

FYI, s123i68, you can’t take spaces that are side-by-side, they have to be in a block shape. However, since you posted both, I’ll let it slide.

HP used 3 at once :angry:

isn’t it allowed?

Hey, those spriting laws are written. All over the place. Seriously. It’s the Internet we’re talking about here. :stuck_out_tongue:

If your sprites look flat, you should try looking up a spriting tutorial. I’ve been making icons since I was 3-4, and I still read tutorials from time to time (because I’m still not good).

Oh, reading the rules again, I guess you can do that. I thought it was by block, not by color.

Spriting law no.1

Do not Ever Use Jpeg.

Ever.

I see. I’m not too big on spriting, which should be blatantly obvious as well. My problem is that college has me bogged down at the moment. I just found some spare time, and thought I should make it up to Zurg, considering I backed out after already claiming some blocks.

@Zurg, my bad. I suppose I could try and make something for 64 as well, although you might have to give me some time.

3-4 years?