Daz's sprites/models/cg's/etc

ZEALOT GET.

Yes, I know the Probe looks really meh in comparison, but I’m showing him anyway for completeness’s sake. I’ll fix it up later–for now, High Templar await.

Edit:

I had to improvise on the colors for his tassels and stuff, because the only renders I could find were black and white … don’t think it turned out too badly, though.

Edit again: SCV!

Ugh… I dunno, Daz, even if that’s how it’s supposed to be in Ghost or whatever (since I honeslty don’t know, lol) but the SCV was a lot bulkier if I recall, not even mentioning that it’s downright puny next to the Zealot (I know the Protoss are larger, but they should at least be equal size with the SCV, and not just through those engine pods stickin up in the back).

Ghost totally screwed them up and made them even bulkier. o.o

Here’s my reference, from the SC manual.

I have no idea wtf their size is supposed to be. My sources conflicted each other. But seeing as Zealots are about nine feet tall, making the SCV much bigger didn’t seem right.

those are awsome. although, i thought the dragoon’s 4 legs were the same… your sprite has the front ones different… this just me or anybody else think that, too?

Where does everyone get the idea that they’re the same? There have been four completely different 'goon designs, and the ONLY thing they have in common is MASSIVE back legs compared to the front.

how the hell do you get 3 designs from 1 game? did ghost originally have one, but decided to change it?

Wow… That SCV looks like shit. Not only is it bulkier, but how the hell is someone supposed to fit in it? What, do they lie on their bellies?

This, which was another Ghost concept apparently, looks a helluva lot more like the game sprite and a lot closer to the way I pictured it (Aliens cargo loader thing, lol). Hell, it looks like a suit, which would make a lot more sense for maneuverability, space conservation, and not to mention the technology used in the marine combat armor.

But oh well. You did what you could. I still don’t like that SCV design though XD

whoa… looking from the starcraft one to the ghost one… they changed it a lot…

edit

wtf are you talking about? the in-game sprite looks exacly like the one that he provided as a reference.

Are you kidding? There’s a constant blob in the center (which differs in pixel tones from the shadow) which would indicate a body. I refuse to believe that the SCV looks like the one Daz posted especially since I have this:

This appeared on StarCraft Legacy under Ghost where all the units made so far were shown. Looks like the thing was finalized to me.

Oh yeah, and that. Looks to me like the one in the manual was a pre-production design. Plus the image of the pilot when you select him looks strapped in, as if in a seat or something, not laying on his belly. And if he was strapped in, then the SCV must be gigantic.

I could probably go on and on but I don’t even care enough to fight for nothing since I just know Daz will probably bash me and then everyone else here would automatically agree with him.

maybe he’s strapped in from the belly in a bed-like structure with the camera for the pilot’s face coming at it from the Z axis. his controls would be on the top of the cockpit, and he would be lying down…

I have no idea how he fits in it, but the model I posted is from the manual, and those are the designs I’m using for that set.

In other news.

Ghost-style units. Unlike the SC-cutscene-style gallery, these are actually gonna be used for something.

may i inquire on what they are going to be used in? i hope some more sprite comics like your d2 series :slight_smile:

also, the blades on the zergling look a little too streight to me…

It’s a secret. :3

And GL, by the way, the ingame sprites are REALLY inconsistant with each other. Like, the zergling has four completely different designs, all within the game itself, not even counting the three it has in the manual and the three in Ghost/War3. >_>; And Fenix has a completely different face between portrait and cutscenes…

Etc, etc, etc.

Portraits are not a good way to determine anything.

And either way, I’m spriting the CGI versions, so it doesn’t bloody MATTER what it looks like ingame.

Fixed the zergling’s scythes, changed palettes a bit, added a dragoon.

Those are frickin’ sweet =o!

The ghost looks like a zombie though <_>

PS I have returned.</creepy voice>

Wow.

Lately, all your sprites have been so dope. Like I’ve said, I’m not a fan of the series, so I don’t know the referrences, but it seems like your general technique has noticably improved. It all looks so genuine.

Thanks =D

Tim, people keep saying she looks like a zombie, but no one can explain why or how to fix it. :\

im guessing the sprite size you’re using doesnt do her justice. Maybe make bigger sprites, therefore increasing detail, and making her less zombie-like.

Look at the Dragoon.

Now consider that he’s probably the smallest vehicle.

Now consider that I have to sprite almost every unit from the game.

No. I am NOT using a bigger style. XD

The first one looks really bad. But at least you’ve seem to have ditched the black outline on light colors that you’ve been doing lately.

The latter three are quite good though.