Daz's sprites/models/cg's/etc

:\ I was really proud of that one.

What’s wrong with it?

There’s nothing wrong with the first one (in my opinion) besides the one that is lacking is the third one (whatever the hell it is supposed to be, a ghost thingus or what?)

Syntax Man’s random fact of the post: Dary Queen ice cream isn’t ice cream, it’s ice milk

It’s very plushie looking, I think. Is it supposed to be like that?

Protoss machines are very round and pillowy in the game, so yes.

Fun Fact: Gold Leader was right after all. I didn’t realize it before, but Ghost’s designs are far closer to SC’s ingame designs (overall) than SC’s CG ones. Hence the zealot having smaller armor and more color, the dragoon having ‘wings’, different legs, and the weird cylindrical main chamber, the SCV being boxier, the zergling having scytes on its back, the marine lacking the spotlight…

SCG got a lot of flack for “changing” designs, but all it really did was bring SC’s final sprites into 3D, disregarding the details of the manual renders/cutscenes entirely.

Wow, everytime i go here i’m always amaze, Daz your are great at spriting, I like the Dragoon.

Fire Emblem Hsien-ko! :smiley:

D:…
That’s fucking awesome dude. :smiley: :smiley: Where did you learn to sprite like that?

Contrast, man!

I used palettes off real FE sprites to make it fit the style better. Contrast issues would be the fault of IS, not myself.

You don’t have to make the sprite in certain style. (Other than varying realistic…ness.) It’s much more interesting to see people do it in their own unique style.

…What’s your point? I almost always work in my unique style.

But this time, I just wanted to see if I could make her in Fire Emblem style. That’s that. >_>

Well, unless the sprites are for a fangame specifically, I wouldn’t worry much about that. For aesthetic purposes, you just want to make it look good, which isn’t possible with the contrast issues given to you.

And to tell you the truth, I haven’t been seeing your “unique style” in your work for quite a while. =/

1–All of the SC stuff was in a custom style of my own.

2–I wanted to sprite it in FE style. I wanted to try to work with a limited palette, to have proportion and shading guidelines, etc. I chose to make it in a specific style, and usage be damned, it WILL be in that style. The entire reason that sprite EXISTS is as an attempt at creating a FE-style scratch human. Now, unless you have something actually constructive to say, please stand down.

Anything constructive I say will be either praise, or blamed on the limitations you gave yourself.

And I can’t think of any praise, other than it looks “decent”.

I’d say the style is appealing, but I really think it would look alot better with more contrast.

Good shading.

Bingo!

The problem with your coloring is that you always center all the highlights into the area surrounded by the black lines, therefore no light source can be defined, making it look like pillow. Also , it needs more contrast, and less saturation.

And you dither too much in close areas, it’s not always necessary.

Tried out a new program I found for TA modeling (Wings3D) and made a Protoss Probe prototype.

It’s my first real model. Be gentle. ;-;