Daz's sprites/models/cg's/etc

Uh, I dunno. Worked on it off and on over several days with varying attention. >_>

Here’s the start of a Pirate Trooper. Just a bust with upper arms for now, but meh. At least it has custom texturing…

The thing is, with you, ‘varying attention’ still means ‘incredibly detailed and intricate work’. :3

Have you started learning how to skin with a bone structure? I recommend learning that early on especially if you start making troopers.

Hmm? I don’t know what you mean with that. I know how to skin and I know how to do bone structurse… is there a way I have to link those? >_>

Let me clarify. Applying a texture to a mesh is known as skinning sometimes. What I meant is use bones to manipulate a parts of a single mesh. For example, bulging muscles, flexing torso, bending fingers. You use this modifier when a body is only one mesh and you want to manipulate the arms, legs, etc. It likes a lot more realistic.

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, that’s why he’s in a T-spread–I’ve already practiced boning and posing some of the pirates from Prime 1, so I have at least a decent feel for how it works.

Did MM give you those models? If he did I’m jealous.

Who else? :stuck_out_tongue:

I originally got them for making a comic, but my co-author and I decided to make original models based on Prime 3 instead… so I used them as posing practice and such. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah! Mental Picture!

Yeah, I’m so mature.

Adds a whole new subtext to the #SCU injoke that I have a space pirate fetish…

@.<

#SCU injoke? I thought it was common knowledge… <_<

In b4 crotchclaw.

I’ll already go and say my mouth is watering for pirate trooper. Do you have a reference for it?

<_<

Seen my sig lately?

Or the zoom-in renders in Prime 3 itself?

how come daz’s thread springs to life when he posts 1 message and mine promptly dies when i post something new?? ='(

He PM’s people a “Respond or I’ll ban you” message.

Well, I’ve been art-ing for years, so I’ve got a reputation at it, plus I’m an admin. You’re a relative newbie and a normal member. To no fault of your own, some people are more likely to check mine than yours.

If it’s any consolation, I usually check yours; I just rarely post. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, so I’m not the only one getting those?

Redid the old chibi trooper a bit, and added the armored/MP2 variety.

Also made some quick weapons, though they don’t fit their arms real well yet.

Made the bodies even more accurate, added the Aero equipment… it looks a bit goofy, I know, but that’s pretty much how they look. >_>

Are you trying to do them SD style or what?