Do You Like Need For Speed

PTTP: Power To The Posters!!!

i believe we should leave this topic now, before we all get suspended
im already at 50% warned

I lol’d

If 072 suspends all of us, there won’t be anyone left to post on the forums >_>

We’re the only active members. *Timmeh shrug

yeah, and I lol’d real hard when I saw Tim’s sig lmfao

jesus christ…watch us all get banned for this topic…then with the 10 of us gone the forum really would die, but yeah…NFS no i do not like it (there had to be something within to post relevant to the topic)

also tim…your sig is epic win

xD
tim
you would

>_>
We should get EVERY active member to sig that. I’m in.

lmao

I’m going to sig it just because I love PY.

Anyway, Amidst the lack of proper English in the first post, I noticed the words “Need for Speed” and “Do you like it?” or something along those lines. This may or may not be just coming from the Topic.

Anyway, There are very few NFS games I like. I personally think that NFS:Carbon was the peak of the series, although I have yet to play Undercover, so I may be wrong.

But for now, I like Carbon, and essentially, only Carbon. The rest suck eggs.

Truthfully, on topic, I wouldn’t know. The only racing games I’ve played were Mario Kart(s) and F-Zero GX

same, cept mario and burnout

It’s a good series, considering. So many things annoy me about it though. For instance, the music. They have a very good selection, but then that one song I absolutely despise comes on, and then I just feel like turning the game off.

Gameplay can get pretty bad too. When you get to the higher difficulties, the Rubberband AI really starts kicking and is just annoying rather than challenging.

The Underground series definitely has “Wankster” written all over it. The Underground games act as if everyone, especially the white characters, are those annoying black guys that talk Gangsta, not English. It get really annoying considering they’ll call you up every 10 minutes just to annoy you with their “Hip” language. I swear, I wish I didn’t sound like the old White Guy complaining about lingo, but Underground makes me despise people who honestly talk like that.

Carbon, fortunately, gave the series a much more realistic view on the racing world. You weren’t an invincible tank that can go 200 MPH, there is some damage there, and even some “death” on the Canyon races. The AI is still horrible, but they did take steps to ensure that the AI would show some restraint, until you begin winning every single race (adaptive difficulty. It’s a blessing and a curse).

Carbon also got rid of all those white guys talking like they were real “gangstas” and showed a more elegant side of Underground street racing, filled with normal people who actually seemed to give a shit if they just lost 2,000 dollars when racing against you. It’s almost more of an exotic ring of Underground racing, so to speak. Compare it to a crime lord’s circle. The lower peons please themselves with casual clothing and committing petty crimes, while the boss wears a real nice suit and gets into highly illegal things. That’s the best analogy I can come up with to represent the change present between the NFS: Underground series and NFS: Carbon.

I like Carbon genuinely. It’s one of those games you can get immersed in (especially with Wii controls. I use Setting 5) and also one of those games where you can put the controller down after an hour cause you were using it as a warmup to, say, Left 4 Dead.

The Campaign is very short though, but it didn’t need to be any longer, IMO.

Burnout > NFS

I love Burnout.
Favorite racing series though… probably F-Zero.
At least according to FlamingZelda.

[01:14] <Timmy[isketch]> what’s my favorite racing series
[01:14] F-Zero

Never played any NFS series, but I’m generally not a fan of realism in racing in any capacity (blech gran turismo). The weirder it is, the better. Huge fan of Mario Kart, I do like F-Zero, and I love crashing into things to explode them.

i like the taking other cars out in burnout
its what i aim for

first place can go to hell, i take out as many cars as i can
(i usually place first or second ;D)

QFT

I like Burnout and NFS, it really comes down to which you prefer, really. Burnout is more fun in the destruction factor, but I would argue that NFS is a little more fun in the whole racing factor. To be honest, I like the destruction factor more. :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes, CMC, Burnout>NFS. I agree 100%

this

I agree with both of you in everything entirely. Boooooring. Let’s have some disagreement.

lets not start that again xD

Oh, I forgot Excite Truck, which is FUN FUN FUN