Favorite Beam

It’s very strange that I like this weapon as flame is far from my favorite element of any weapons, but not only did it have a very fun puzzle leading to get it, it was also in some ways well designed. worthless as it’s beam combo was, I did enjoy the raw power and of course the ability to set things on fire draining HP was good. I guess my reason for liking it is simpler than I think: I worked hard as hell to get it.

I’ve always loved the Wave Beam. It goes through walls in 2D games, and has a cool bullet in Prime. What’s not to love? :mrgreen:

Off Topic: That reminds me. I was so proud when I first got the Boost Ball.
On Topic: What does the Wave Beam look like in Prime?

Well, it’s difficult to describe, this based on the fact that whatever I say, you’ll get it wrong. I have that problem. Really, it’s my fault…anyway, basically you shoot out 3 purple-red bolts in a triangle and they shoot through the air kind of wriggling alot. the charge beam is like an electrical power beam. I reccomend you get metroid prime if you don’t have it (game kicks much, much ass) unless you don’t have a gamecube…

I have a Gamecube. I’ve beaten Prime 2. I’m almost done on hard mode. Yet I still fail to find the original anywhere I look!!! :imp:

I reccomend amazon. Besides, you can get 50 dollar games for like half that much including shipping and handling there.

wheres the wide, phazon, and that rainbow beam of super!?

Good question. Those are the “special beams”, except spazer, which isn’t a beam since it’s more of an effect.

So…
Hyper beam,
Phazon beam,
or Phazon beam echoes?

I’ll have to think about it. It’s one of the phazon beams…

what phazon beam echoes? well its just a mock up of particles… not a beam at all

It is technically the phazon beam, as like in metroid prime you’re charging your suit/cannon with phazon, then changing it into a weapon…right?

In Metroid Prime, I believe your suit absorbs the Phazon, then just funnels it out through your cannon.

Right…and in echoes, your power beam absorbs the phazon to charge itself with it…but you’re never really using phazon directly.

Actually, you are using Phazon, just its infused with your Power Beam. It’s weaker because it isn’t pure Phazon.

I mean, you’re not supplying the cannon with the phazon yourself…Yeah.

That’d be pretty fun in 2D I think.

T3h Ub3r Dark B3am

…Huh. That’s a new one. Care to explain your thoughts?

Dark beam is the coolest. its just so evil and…dark :smiling_imp:

I don’t like dark beam much. It’s like ice beam but a little more boring I feel. And ammo’d.

Has anyone notice how bland the colors of the metroid prime 2 beams are? yellow, white, black (purple what have you), and gray. Metroid prime had yellow, purple, white/light blue, and red.

Eh.

I think in the first one they were experimenting with the beams and such. In Metroid Prime 2, it was also a darker storyline (No pun intended) so the need for flashy colors probibly would’ve ruined the feel of the game.

Darker storyline…Yeah, I felt that, but only at the beginning. The rest felt about the same except for the fact they went into great detail about the luminoth story etc…

I still think the colors are lacking/bland.