Finally StarCraft 2?

Article: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171172.html?..e;picks;title;1

Daz those are zerglings. He even calls them zerglings in the gameplay video.

I can’t fuckin wait for this game now. I have just tortured myself with watching this shit :frowning:

those dont look anything like zerglings! they have been butchered! =/

Actually that’s quite the opposite of butchered… Besides, I think they look cooler.

Um, what? Zerglings looked incredibly cricket-like in the original SC cutscenes. The?'re just going back to the original idea, it seems.

I meant cricket for the wings, not generally, but I think it was confirmed (someone said it in some forums, I think blizzforum) that those are indeed zerglings.

listen to the gameplay footage trailer and it’ll be confirmed.

I already told you I saw the gameplay video, which pwns by the way…

I can’t wait to see some more updates on the starcraft2 site.

Guess what: I still exist. And knowing Dazzy and his SC I thought I should drop by.

Ok, go ahead and stone me but…

I don’t like what I see.

• The Marine suitup was insanely complicated and looked permanent. In all of the novelations (and what I’d honestly expect of it) the suit opened up at the back, which would be great for hopping inside and getting out, not being bolted down to some giant monstrosity.

• They changed the look of the Gauss Rifle. This makes me sad. The big ass 6 foot barrel was awesome.

• Overall they gave the Terrans that over-exaggerated “futuristic” and “cartoony” look which makes their equipment look like it was made out of plastic. They used to be flying/driving rough pieces of rusty crap with giant guns strapped to 'em. What happened?

• Zerglings with wings… What, so can everything fly now?

• Still unconfirmed, but I heard that the Protoss/Zerg race perpetuated by Duran doesn’t exist anymore?! Come on, wasn’t that supposed to be the whole freaking premise of the next game?

• And the biggest problem: The game is practically the same. I mean the same. In the videos I saw virtually no changes in unit use except for the fact that you aren’t limited to selecting 12 at a time.

My opinion on your post:

Also the zerg/protoss thing you mentioned are appearing in sc2, as in the artwork trailer there is a concept art of hybrids, I thought you should know.

uhh what?

when was starcraft ever like that? i never once saw a piece of rusty equipment, and all of the weaponry and armor is the same depending on what unit it is… if they were just made out of used metal, wouldn’t they look a little bit haphazard and not so perfect? i know the sprites were limiting, but i never once saw a bit of used metal or rust…

I can’t help but point out how people on this forum seem to lash out in this manner a lot quicker than just about everywhere else I’ve gone to.

Not that I wasn’t expecting this.

About the look of the Terrans: Used metal, rusty, whatever. It’s that dirty, grungy look and feel to the whole thing. The look they gave them is absolutely nothing like this. It’s as if those hicks out in the Koprulu Galaxy suddenly underwent a “cleanliness revolution” in two seconds flat.

Now you could go into all kinds of crap about how “maybe this is space and the dirt and grime isn’t there” but I have a feeling the unit models/textures will stay the same no matter where they are. Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s just bugging me at this point.

This forum? it’s a post in other forum I’m member of, and as harsh or personal as you may take it, it’s my opinion on people who prejudge the game in general, period.

And about the marine stuff, samwise said that the units will have to be vivid and saturated because this way it will be easier to recognize in-game.

hah… if you think the people here are bad, visit the battle.net forums…

Okay I just don’t get the whole “Oh I’m gonna go here and tell everyone I don’t like this game and see how they reply to my post”. It’s damn pointless. Do you actually think people want to here that you don’t like the game that they like? I’m pretty sure they don’t considering the flames that i’ve seen on other forums about this kinda crap. It’s dumb, if you don’t like the game, there’s no point in saying bad shit about it, it’s just not gonna change peoples opinions on it. At least only very few.

And yet people can vote their opinion on their distaste of my opinion? Dunt maek sence

Whatever. All I’m saying is that I don’t like the change they’ve done with the style, really only in regard to the Terrans (who were sorta raped in Ghost, too). The gameplay looks entirely too similar, though, you can’t deny that.

Would you rather it more like WarCraft3? Because I liked macro over micro.

Maybe Gold Leader, if your negativism of your post against the game wasn’t so pointless it would be more respected.

He has a p?int about the cartooniness though. SC was dark,. seiousy, and gritty. Ghost was bright and colorful. This is somewhere in between, but still.

Also, I hereby proclaim that I despise Spanish keyboards?.

But I personally am happy they aren’t changing much gameplay wise. SC has some of the best balance and gameplay of any RTS like it. Changing too much would just screw things up. Besides, the new units have a lot more abilities and such, it seems. Every unit so far has a special technique or movement style of some sort… and who knows about how it actually plays? There could be all sorts of subtle nuances and differences in construction or resource gathering or unit orders that we haven’t seen. The unit control panel thing is way bigger than before, so there are probably more commands and stuff.

We don’t know enough about the game to judge anything except the new units we’ve seen. And that’s that.

Unless there was some huge revelation while I was away that no one posted about. In which case WTF IS RONG WIT U PPL!!!

<_<

SC2 site updated. Finally, some Terran units!

Also with some FUCKING AWESOME art of Raynor and a dead Zergling.

Edit:

Found some Dark Templar art not on SC2.com.

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/81…03003105350.jpg