Free samus engine!

i said that it changed due to outbreak, which takes up a lot of time since i am only one person. yes it is taking long, but it will get done, im trying to come up with a good game, not just slop it up as a fangame thank you very much :slight_smile:

I CANT BELIVE YOU GUYS!!! YOU ARE ALL SLOPS(except for smartdude) This guy is gonna give you a samus engine and just cuz he doesnt have it done by the date he mentioned you guys get mad!!! Its his engine he doesnt have to give to you guys if he doesnt want to!!! So if i were you i would be a little more respective zone2H.

I believe they are just expressing their disappointment in the delay of the engine. Iā€™m sure none of them are at least even a little angry. The fans are just predicting this idea will go to the fan game graveyard - like %90 of all other fangames (Dun dun DUUUN!)

guys, the release date could be any time, but most likely wont be for awhile, i really have a lot of work to do on outbreak, and since it wont be done for awhile, well, you get the point, outbreak has only me working on it, and it is original, which means i have to make my own:

graphics, music, engine, physics, ideas, effects (since i am not registered with gamemaker), storyline, shading, every friggin enemy and friend in the game, my own menu, and craploads more, honestly, it is going to take awhile

i am sorry that i couldnā€™t keep up with dates, but programming creates a bunch of problems, and remember:

it has taken over a year for this p2d team to work on thiers, and they have more than a single person, i am only one person here, and i admit i am not working constantly, because i have a life to live, i plan on getting done with outbreak (name will change, outbreak will be the second game, the first one will have a different name). the final first mission will not be out for awhile, however, a demo with all of the weapons, and physics is being worked on right now, so im with you guys, okay? :smiley:

Getting engines can be good, but you still need to know how to ā€œreadā€ it if you want to change anything in it. The best you can get from someone elses engine is ripping off their methods and learning from them. If you cant at least create ā€œsomeā€ engine yourself from scratch then I doubt youā€™re going to be able to do much with someone elses.

If I were you guys, which I kind of am in the same situation, I would just go ahead and start learning it all on my own, which I did. If/When he decides to release his own engine you can look at it and learn from it that much easier having already created something on your own, and for all you know you might rather take methods from his engine and put it into yours instead of just modding his engine.

If not then you have his engine to work from but I seriously doubt that not knowing anything about GameMaker/GML is going to do you any justice even with someone elses Engine.

exactly!

good point! This is going kinda bad for Hairy promagranateā€¦

ill still work on the samus engine, but it will be slow, since i just got a job (however, that will pay for the samus engine in the form of sonic, and burger king, so its cool :smiley: ) the outbreak engine is nearly complete, it is complete for the power suit during mission 1, but without the power-suit, i still have to make sprites, and finish a new engine, since now you are more mobile. i promise that i will eventually finish the samus engine though, but really, build your own, it is way better!

Hey! smartdude why not send the engine to me im pretty good with making a samus engine type thing(although i really cant make other kinds of engines)maybe i can continue it that way you work on outBreak withought any disturnences

i havnā€™t been able to really start yet since i have been working on outbreak, if you decide to start and need some help though, i would be happy to assist.

Donā€™t forget comments! God I hate it when open source products donā€™t have comments. You might as well keep it private if it isnā€™t readable by the public.

/* No comment */

also, i was wondering (dear creators of p2d), i have a copy of your spritesheet for samus, and i was wondering if it could be used for the samus engine? if not, i totally respect that!, but i think that they are really good sprites! :smiley:

No.

Ok! ill get started on the engine!!!

remember what i said, any support you need, i am willing to help with! :smiley:

EVERYONE, NEW BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS!

A) I WAS STORING OUTBREAK ON MY JUMPDRIVE, NOW IT IT BROKEN, SO I AM GOING TO STOP WORKING ON OUTBREAK IN ORDER TO

B) I AM STARTING THE METROID ENGINE, AND PLAN ON MAKING IT USER FRIENDLY! (EASY TO EDIT)

well i guess im not wantedā€¦

good news! (kinda) i found my engine, and began working on the samus engine already, and since i liked some aspects of the metroid engine, i am making some changes to mine (im starting from scratch, which means it will take slightly more time, but i will however be releasing its engine if anyone wants it, good news serus!, now you can start yours again! (dont be lazy, start from scratch, and do everything seperate no matter how hard :smiley: ) i am working on the engine, and the sprites are being made as well!!! new sprites, because the game calls for it (you are no longer as bulky as before) and now, rather than have a cheap immitation of a power-suit, you are far better than samusā€™s powersuit, i will release details later, anyone wishing to help or who want details now, email me at branmritter@hotmail.com)

so now there are 2 engines being released?? since we are the only ones making the engine :smiley:> then PM sum or fur ideasā€¦

i want to work on my engine seperately, however, if you want help, i can help yours if you want, if you have sugguestions of mine, i will take them happily, also, i will send you mine through email every once in awhile, and want you to do the same, so we can get outside perspectives, and create decent engines (dont worry, i dont steal, and i trust you not to steal, you seem like a good person of course :smiley: )

OF COURSE!! I dont steal im like a problem solver!! :smiley: everytime in school when someone has a problem they come to meā€¦ :sweat: but on other times i have had a hard time trusting people cuz scamming has happened to me many timesā€¦but i guess this will be an experience!! :smiley:>