Full game

Jeez people. Didnt i say i was just expressing my thoughts? You guys take offense at evrything. Ive been away from p2d for a VERY long time, gaining knowledge about game development. I dont even friggin know everything there is to know about pro games. But i know enough not to complain about little fangames like this one. You dont go complaining to the pros when they delay your fav game for a while because they want to make it better. Why complain about amateurs? Maybe they would like to spend more time putting detail into their work. I just think kinda stupid to loose interest because YOU think its taking too long

quote:
“Wait, so your saying that because Im losing interest in Metroid (and P2D
for that matter) that means I’m some impatient n00b who doesn’t undsterand
game development
? That is just rediculis. I have had projects I have made
in the past, so I do understand how long it can take for a good fangame to be released.”

You know wuts funny? I didnt even mention you. I didnt mention any names at all, not remotely. I said people. But you just kinda put yourself right in there just now by stating that i was talking about you. And, btw, i wasnt being serious when i said you guys disgust me. (i did put an lol at the end, even said sorry) I was just disappointed that metroid was loosing fans.
Dont take it personally, i wasnt putting you down for your opinion.

“You guys disgust me.” etc. Sure sounds like it.

ALSO, FOR GOD’S SAKE, LEARN TO USE PARAGRAPHS.

Walls of text are NOT fun to read. -_-

(And yes, I know your last post was better, but the other two were fucking annoying, and I forgot to mention it then. >_>)

lol, sorry for that, i kinda just kept typing and didnt realize i had just typed a huge wall of text.

And i already said i was joking about the not interested in metroid thing.

Well, you quoted him and another person, responded to their opinion, made a lot of judgments about people with their opinion, and then explained how much you can’t stand people with the traits you described. That’s something most people would take offense to, even if you never actually said their names.

Im kind of disappointed how you guys are taking this. If you take offense at wut im saying thats your problem, I already said more than enough times that i was only expressing MY opinion on things. Doesnt mean you have to agree with me.

I left P2D because i didnt like how rediculus some members here were. Then I decided to come back and maybe post here and there and help with the project some more if it gets back on track. But I can see nothing has changed. So i guess i can leave again. Already. :cry:

Help? Some more?
When’ve you even tried to help? >_>

Not much, i made the health refill sprites that are in the current demo. I planned on doing more but i decided i needed more spriting expierience first.
Which i must say im quite a bit more expierienced at spriting now so i could do some more stuff. Problem is it seems like the only things left to do are the really big stuff like the bosses. Which im still not very good at doing. But there are quite alot of random scenery that still need done for the different parts of the game. Other wise the areas would be pretty bare.

But i think that more help is needed in the programming area. Im not as advanced as the programmer(s) who have worked on the game so far. But i guess thats because i specialize more in effects, particles and cutscenes. There are other tings i can program too, i just cant really think of any examples right now as im at school and i have other things on my mind.

Im currently workng on m own metroid platform engine for a unique metroid game that i would like to at least start. I hope to gain much expierience from dealing with all the problems in making a metroid game. My graphics are going to consist of the actual models from prime so itll be all programming and levels designing and stuff. Thats wut i originally thought an P2D game should have. The actual models instead of having to sprite massive amounts of objects characters enemies all of which take much longer to sprite than to simply program.

But anyways im rambbling on again. i hope we can put this rediculus argument to rest and try to work on how we are going to ressurrect P2D.

*spelling (for the whole post, lol)

You can’t help with programming >_>
Period.

EDIT: Leastways, not with MetEngine. If you wanna bring DF’s engine to completion or something, I guess that’s a more open-ended question.

well, of course. I just wanna help with what ever i can i guess. Is anyone really still working on the project still though?

Destroyer F is CoreFusionX still working on his engine on P2D?

guys stop putting him down its just his opinion!
dh it was a bit rude what you said,
but hes right you guys are taking this way too personally

I thought we were burrying that? So yeah, its not a problem anymore. >_>

i think i posted that in other place in the forums, but i will post again:

doukutsu monogatari (cave story) is a fan game that “one” guy made, it took 5 years to complete, with a simple graphic and very shot music that keeps looping, but altough the game is not good in that department (graphics and sounds) the game was great, and soon was the best fangame around, now, the game will be released to PSP…

the same happened with alien hominid…

the thing is, a game with the graphics and sound of P2D will take almost 3 times to be finished, counting that is only one guy making, i don’t the number of ppl that’s helping making it, but i think, in the end that it will spend more 3 years to be complete… if we lose your hope, then the game will fail…

about losing interest in metroid, between SM e MP we have 8 years, then they released MP, everyone had gone crazy with the game, get a 10 in EGM and all, then, they(the ones that made MP) said “wow, if one game makes all this, imagine 10!” and they started making metroid games, one after another, conclusion, every series that launch one game after another will become stupid, and that happened with metroid too, MP2 was a crap and metroid fusion destroyed the possibility of a decent sequel, metroid hunters is a failure to me, the only one that was good was zero mission, why? because its the remake of a already good game… soo every one that is saying that is lossing interest, is that ppl that became fan only after prime, that don’t even played Metroid 1 and Metroid 2.

soooo, after the “wall of text of boredom” i think i can finish with this phrase:

“its not easy to make games, so, before we start to say that this will not be finished, let’s try to help, even if is only a moral help”

let’s try to help, in anything you can, this game will kick ass, i know it, let’s make somehing to help it reach the “final release” ^_~V

Did anyone ever mention to you that you make no sense at all? Like I understand the message in the post but the post itself is ???

…o.O
Talk about walls of text, your no better!
And im going to attempt to get this topic back where it was by saying once more to END THE DAMN CONVERSATION. Its rediculus. I didnt continue on rambling pointless things (yes i admit they were sumwut pointless) I posted a few paragraphs attempting to bring a point across. Nobody wanted to hear my sh*, so i ended it. Then you guys waltz in here and bring it up again. So thats it, no more about game development, how long it takes, and no more about my walls of friggin text! -.-

Destroyer F has not replied my question and I am worried about P2D not beig a full game 100%. Please tell me that Prime 2D will be alright.

I have no idea, CFX and I work seperate on p2d, I dont know his progress. You can ask him, but he doesn’t share much info on his work, for his own personal reasons. So your question will most likely remain unanswered, sorry.

Yea well I don’t check every topic daily. If you got a question directed at me personally, pm me. P2D will be alright as long as there are still people interested in it.

If your only asking CFX, why would you post it in a topic? PM him!

Holy crap, DH is right. Go fig. >_>;;

All kidding aside, he has a point–public topics are not for private communication with single members.