Game over?

MFM has some great spriters, I’ll ask there.
Never give up, nevva surrender! (and so)

Hey guys.

I heard about this on MFM. If you’re wanting my help, I can do it.

I can sprite, but perhaps not perfectly. However, in desperate situations, you shouldn’t really be picky. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, DF, perhaps I can program a little of P2D? If you think you can trust me with an engine or a part of an engine, I’d be honored and motivated to work full time on P2D, not that Nebulus’s demo is done.

I’ve always wanted to help out with P2D since I was here, but I never met the standards. However, after experience with my own fangame, Metroid Nebulus, I think I may be able to meet those standards.

If you want me to do anything, let me know and I’ll work my best to get it done. Also, if you do accept my offer, can I be an official P2D team member (access to Workplace)?

Thanks!

XMD

See, my work is paying off!
And replace ‘2 months’ with something closer to 3 years.
I’ve seen many updates.
EDIT:I be PhayzonYoshi off at Metroid For Madmen.

I also heard about this on M:FM, From Phayzon Yoshi.

I can help you out with any sprite-work you need done, tell me what you need and i’ll provide.

I watched this project for a year or so and then it disappeared and i haven’t been able to find it until now, i’m excited to know that it’s not completely dead, and if I didn’t help out in some way and this project died i would feel responsible for it’s death for watching it go.

This is a great project, no, great isn’t even good enough to describe this but i don’t know what is, You should definitely finish this, and i’ll help.

I’ve been lurking in and out for a while now (Three or four years, actually, just never too active because people just bickered on and on), and I’ve got some experience in spriting and GML, and I just felt like saying: If you need anything, I’m worth checking out.

About a year ago I started my own huge project, and I’ll admit, right now it feels like if I go any further it’ll just crumble in upon itself, plus with school and a job and a life, things get hard to say to myself “I better get workin’ on that Bruce Lee game of mine,” and often it feels like I either have to live my life as Elpizo out on the 'net, or as Jake, with real things to deal with.
And when things get hard, I take a break. I come back and I find the same lack of positive reinforcement, criticism, or even attention that a project like that deserves.

So with all that said, I know exactly what you guys mean and I- I might as well represent the rest of the fanbase who know what making a game is like - I will not hold anything against you guys. It’d probably be a wise move to get the frigate demo done and take a huge break. Start working on something else for a while.

Or you could keep going, be Spartan. If you need more people, recruit and advertise. The more people, sometimes the better.

Whatever you do, waste nothing.
Wasted effort is wasted time, wasted time is wasted life.

Oh, and btw, I lurk around M:FM (after I heard of this project, actually) as well. I check M:FM more than my e-mail.

M:FM is basically/practically my e-mail, heh.

still, get me started on any spritework you need done, if you still need spriters, cause i know alot of people sprite.

Ok, my mistake, Phazon Yoshi. I was just working with the information that was available to me.
…ahah. You actually have seniority over me. And holy god, I joined this when I was 13?

man, I feel sorry for you guys <_<
Despite being fairly mature for my school, I was still an immature little prat.
hm… new argument to add to the mix…
“You lived through me being an immature little prat and you are gonna turn back without finishing the demo?”

…silence, sleeplessness and lack of sugar do this to me.

i’ll just sit back and if you need me to do anything then pm me :smiley:

Don’t worry, razzy, we will.
See, 1 day after my topic, and 3 new spriters! Getting more optomistic yet?

@cloud, don’t feel bad, I only became active here 2 months ago, easy mistake.
@all, Oh, come on, lets finish that damn demo!

Let’s get back to work :wink:

I’ll create a recruitment forum where people can sign up.

WOOT!
Too bad I have no knowledge or talent in any field that I could ever possibly help in, but…
Woot, nonetheless.

(Unless, for some reason, you decide the ending credits should be a live rock band? <_<;)

YEAH!!!
decides to try and pitch in…maybe there are some people on places i visit.

Well, you know i’m in, is the recruit forum up yet?

This = FTW.

I posted it on Pixeltendo, though, I don’t think anyone has responded, I’ll check.

Wow, awesome. That’s all I really need to say.

Last week I sign on and find that people are losing hope and the project is considered almost dead. This week I sign on and find a new and organized board for applying for positions on the team, three new spriter applications (all of which I consider qualified, but we’ll have to see what the judges say :stuck_out_tongue:), and highly-raised spirits all around.

And this is why this place rocks. :slight_smile:

Keep it up. Let’s get this demo done. :smiley:

Edit: Today happens to be 2 months before our goal for releasing the final demo. So, this means that we have
one month
to get the demo at least fully functional, meaning the entire escape sequence, the PQ battle, the stumbling and dashing pirates, most cutscenes, and the other such main features are included. A full to-do list of these necessities should be compiled so we know where to focus our work and recruitment. Then the final month can be freely spent on final tweaks and details to make it an awesome demo. We can do this, especially once we’ve strategically expanded our team.

This is why I wanted to be a menber in the 1st place. Prime 2d Demo AND Full Game. Please do the demo And Full game.

Lets concentrate on the P2D demo, this wasn’t going to be a full game anyway, let’s leave that to CFX!

i’ll go to game talk and say the news

Seriously RH, that’s not top spriting, that loooks good to recruit to the project though

Here and some of the links in these pages are the real web of professional spriters (dedicated, it’s their lifejob), however most of them don’t post in the forums, just post their stuff in the showoff section, I asked once for help a long time ago but got no responses. You can try again, however you’ll possible not get any response again.

http://www.pixeljoint.com/default.asp (has forums but are small)
http://pixelation.wayofthepixel.net/ (only forums)

Spriting is not only spriting game sheets man, there are a whole lot more techniques, color restrictions, etc.

For example, for color restriction, check out this guy:
http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/2203.htm
and his Spartan sprite:
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/12082.htm
And he’s not the best of that website (but between them, yeah)

Oh, I was aware that it wasn’t top spriting in general.

But I’m referring to spriters that would be most apt to helping us make a metroid game. I can’t say I know about those other sites (though I’ve been to pixeljoint), but I know that these spriters have experience in sheeting video game characters and animating them well (as that’s what Pixeltendo is about other than ripping).

You’re probably a better spriter than any of them. I never meant to say otherwise, but as far as recruiting for a fangame, they seem like more likely options.