Game over?

i feel my assistance is unwanted

Why? Your assistance is very wanted. >_>

im going to help to the best of my ability no matter how mediocre my spritework is in other’s opinions.

Don’t think like that, Ridny!
You are good at spriting, doesn’t that first place badge by your side (not here, P2D-only peoples) give you hope and confidence?
You Novas, particularly, are better than the games, and, while a little too bright for P2D, show you can sprite awesomly well!

Yeah I know, thanks PY.
and when I really set my mind to it I can sprite better than that, if there’s a whole bunch of people counting on me for a sprite sheet, i’ll make it the best i possibly can.

Quite different from sprite competitions where I only have myself to impress.
Or where the sprites really aren’t for anything but a badge.

Yeah, see?
Can I have the title of official confidence booster yet? :smiley:

Yeah, it’s all yours, lol.
Anyways, I gotta get spriting for the sign up thing. bleh.

Hmm, ‘Morale officer’
DF, I like the sound of that, good idea.
(Yes obviously it was his idea, he deleted his post, obviosuly. Clearly)

Well well well… I didn’t know you guys were that close to stopping P2d… Now you’re recruiting more spriters… Would you mind a fourth new spriter? I’ve got a fresh meta-ridley head sprite freshly done! I may not be the best of spriters, but my work will be regular, and I will be very enthusiastic about the sprite-making and/or ideas. Btw has anybody got a good pic of meta ridley? Thx.

Go to the signup forum.

Maybe this post isn’t going to be much of a change in the project?s fate, since I’m sort of a newbie, I don’t post too often, and this is a 5-day topic revival, but I think you should get more people working on this.
For example, see DF, he has the project’s life in his hands, and he can’t make it. He’s just a human being, and it is a whole lot of pressure he has on his shoulders.
This project is far too large to be handled by this few people. You should advertise yourselves or make a ‘Calling all programmers/spriters/whatevers’ call wherever you can. By doing this, you can find more people to collaborate, and there’s a chance you can save P2d, 'cause from where you are, there’s only a demo in P2d’s future.

i cant but help think i started this with my first post

I may not have touched Prime in months.

I may not have sprited a thing for it in recent memory.

But too much work has been put into this to let it die in obscurity.

If only CFX hadn’t abandoned the team…

Game Maker can only take it so far, and I think a lot of the workers are discouraged by not having a proper fullgame engine in progress.

I think if we can find programmers to do so, we might be able to revive this.

CFX abandoned the P2D project?
That ba… No, no swearing.
Still, DF is more than capable of finishing the full game, but he’s lost the spark, like any of us would. A demo is a legacy, but I think we should go further.
Q:Is the demo’s engine basicly the full games engine?

P.S.Razzy, I think the DF started this topic…?

No, he isn’t. Game Maker can NOT handle a full Metroid. He’s only making the demo because of it.

I think GM could, if you handled it well.

P.S. (Are the old @samus.co.uk e-mail adresses still up? The header info from the forums come from 'metroidhandler@samus.co.uk’)

Nope. That’s just the email we have it set to show still.

Also, CFX abandoned only the team, so he can work on MetEngine whenever he wants without any pressures (Meaning rarely if ever again). So arguably the whole project, too, but we don’t know if he’ll one day pick it up again.

True, Game Maker can handle a full Metroid game… But it takes a lot of work, and you have to keep working your way around memory and speed obstacles. It’s faster an easier to use a full 2D game engine in a better language for something as large as P2D.

The problem with that is that we’d have to make our own (again) if we can’t find any suitable ones for a game like this, which seems likely.

coughhttp://64.142.72.120/~vonrichter/mforums/index.php*cough*

Nothing CFX would do could suprise me now, he ripped the life out of the GM side of the proj., then ripped out the other side too.

@SCU; Ah well…
Also, I though Milzy was keeping the main site up for archive purposes?

Haha. >_>

But no, SM isn’t P2D. He would have to add to and alter his engine a ton to be able to make P2D with it. Then he’d have to make P2D with it. I don’t think he would be up for that. He has his own game to work on.

We would either want an engine designed for P2D from the start, or something generic enough that we could quickly build an engine from it.

Wha?
No, I wasn’t saying you should ask Von to do P2D, I was offering it up as an example for a big GM metroid game.
(Also, ME will be about 10x bigger than SM, with all original sprites, as there are many more moves, beams, etc., so GM can pull this crap off.)
Also, there’s a project going on ATM called ENIGMA, which will be able to read/write in GML, and compile the code, which could vastly improve speed.