Game over?

Ah, sorry. I was still thinking that it was being done in Delphi, but that’s right, he switched to GM. 'k >_>

Oh, right. Yeah…
Still, I’ll give some of those programming craps a go tommorow.

Well, RP was telling me that GM can’t even handle our classic-style Castlevania fangame without making it insanely short, and that’s a hell of a lot less intensive than a Metroid would be…

Do what you want, kill it or keep it. I think you aren’t motivated because you are trying to emulate the 3D version too much. I think in going into a side scroller, it should have been changed. Don’t do what they wanted in 3D, do what you think it would have been if they were making it in 2D from the start, except have the awsom sprites based off the 3D.

No, this project is the first one.
If it were an original game based off prime, it would be the second, but part of the joy of playing the full game would be recognising areas, and figuring out how to defeat a boss in 2D!

Im not talking about redoing it completely, i mean, keep the levels, but some things of 3D just don’t fit in a 2D game.
Example: The demo feels empty, and it doesn’t feel like some pirate space base thing. It did in 3D, but because It went 2D, the areas feel to large. Mabey part of this is the lack of any detail whatsoever, and yes i can say that, because I HAVE done beter.

Well, you have to remember that it’s the opening spaceship area. Just look at Super’s–no fighting at all until the final room, but no one complained there … >_>

That’s because you can get to the final room in like five seconds.

It’s because we’re more critisizable.
Also, since no-one has looked:
http://www.willhostforfood.com/files/31870/MP2D BE RECRUiTINISING.png
C+P it in, lazies!
It’s only a mockup, I’ll redo it when I don’t have to resort to ripping Sammy out of the Physics BETA.

How about a little bit of %20 in your link? Save everyone else the work, you know. One person replacing spaces with %20’s is far easier than everyone who wants to use the link copying and pasting it into the address bar.

Fixed link.

from the day i heard you guys saying that you would use GM to do the game, i thought that it would be dificult, GM is really limited, and i remember posting that on 2 or more posts around here.

for a complex game as a metroid remake, i think you guys would need a profissional engine, but i don’t really can’t say nothing, i only watched you guys doing the work…

so, you need to decide, if you guys will keep it up, then surely it need to be ported to a suitable 2d engine…

you guys made more than anyone would do, even you guys stop the project right now, you guys are great, making this far with GM, you guys should been given a medal…

GM is a capable language, and that’s comming from someone fluent in GML, right through to C?C++, so don’t knock it with ‘real programmer’ crap.

And why the hell don’t imageshack %20 things?
(Just for the record, I didn’t know %2 would fix it)
Anyway, crit?

Well, if you don’t want to run into problems, you have to put up your defenses from the very beginning of development: resource loading/unloading management, encrypted external resources, limited numbers of objects and instances, etc. Then it’s possible to build a giant game without Game Maker eating your computer, but the development time slows considerably. So then you might want to make your own tools (object creator, map editor…) to replace the ones Game Maker has and to build your crazily-designed game faster, which also takes an incredible amount of time. If you attempt to make a giant game in Game Maker without doing any of this, however, everything from memory to CPU usage to loading times will be bloated eventually.

It’s much easier and faster to not make a huge game in Game Maker. >_>

It’s faster and easier to not make a game, but you’re right.
I did none of that stuff, and 70Megs of RAM is my reward…

Is Prime 2D OK?

My diagnosis is that the illness is dormant. It will be a massively reduced lifespan, and it is likely only it’s demo will live to see daylight, but the worst is over. Make P2D feel at home, and cherish it.

The P2D project has inspired the creation of countless other Metroid fan games, so if no one intends to work on it after the demo (which is mainly only DF now), I’d say gather enough motivation to release the frigate demo, and then release the source, so that this project will have forever left an impact on the Metroid community.

It already has.
I started programming because of P2D, that’s whu I can’t stand by and let it die.

p2d isn’t going to die with the demo. We might lose our lead programmer, but that won’t kill the project.

Can’t we find a new C/C++er to do it?
Please don’t go back to CFX, he was a twat at the best of times.