Gathering a Team

No fucking way can TGF handle it. I’m a TGF user and a big fan of the software, but a Metroid? No. Metroid-based game with different gameplay, sure. Miniature dungeon with Metroid gameplay? Been done. But not a full game.

Thats why I said C or C++.

Well, can anyone give me some C++ tutorials. It won’t take me long to learn, I catch on to any programming language fast.

. . .

… k

Torque Game Builder

You should seriously consiter using TGF man. But Daz is right.
TGF can’t handle a full fledged Metroid game. Although I believe
MMF and CNC can do it.

could always do gamemaker, its very fast, and a metroid game shouldn’t be too hard of a thing for it as long as you dont do something extremely stupid.

c++ could be nice too, really you just have to learn the language, and i have found some nice navigation tutorials out there that are video, if you need a link i can link you it.

Torque iz teh suxxorz! I’ve used it before after buying a book on it. If you don’t know C++ it would kinda be a hassle to learn it and then make one, for C++ takes a LONG time to learn. Go BLITZ BASIC!
http://www.blitzbasic.com

Well, I will try to learn C++, thanks for the support. I’m sure it won’t be that difficult for me to learn and understand.

So… you can’t use TGB?
It’s not my fault that you are worthless.

You don’t need to know any C++ at all.
The Torque 2D (and 3D) game engine uses a script language that are somewhat similar to C++, but are way easier to learn.

And it is much better than Gamemaker. It can compile OSX, Windows and Linux binaries.

This is the best way to make this game Outrage. Use Game Maker.
It’s powerfull, and can make great Metroid games. It’s also failry
easy to use once you learn GML (which is not hard to learn).

Depends on how you set your engine up. If you’re including every enemy, room, object, weapon, song, sprite, cutscene, background, etc. in that one .exe file, don’t expect anything better than a five-minute loading time and an average fps of 5. But if external files are loaded into the game when they’re needed and removed when they’re not, you can definitely make a full-length Metroid game without any problems.

actually, you would only really need to do that for the songs, and depending on how you did your cutscenes, maybe them, all the other enemies, rooms, objects, weapons, sprites, and etc. im pretty sure gamemaker can hold.

troid is right man, gamemaker can certainly make a metroid game, and if you put everything together with external files (a blessing for those of us using it), you can pack it all into a swift package indeed.

Ok… lets see here… so I spend a long time browsing the web for free good tutorials on TSL, ok done. THEN, I have to make to game, ok done. THEN I use the Torque Scripting Language and I make a game. Ok. THEN, I have to buy a liscence for $100. No deal right?
I never said I couldn’t use it. Torque is nothing like C++. I would pick GML over Torque any day.

Well, l already know GML, and I don’t see what the huge problem with GM is, thats what P2d is made with, isn’t it? So what is the big deal? I think I’ll just go with Gamemaker, I don’t know why not. Thanks for the help, guys. Now I know for sure what language/program I will use.

… are you sarcastic or… ?

dont u need registered to import external files?

Indeed you do. At least, y’know, last time I tried and then registered for that very reason… so I’m gonna be fairly pissed if I hear you DON’T have to…

I’m not being sarcastic. I will use GM. I’ve never done GM with External Files, but I can try it. I am really familiar with using GM though.