GH2E:Rt80's

…but it’s doing it with a guitar, which is a different experience than with the controller, and it lacks the star power and success meter and such.

Also, NSMB was one of the best of the series, but that’s neither here nor there. >_>

Success meter? How about your own ears? :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, you’re just not getting it.

Why play DDR if you can dance for real? Why play CounterStrike if you can hit a shooting range?

IT’S JUST A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE, EVEN IF IT DOES SORT OF SIMULATE SOMETHING REAL. -_-

072, you fail so hard. GH has NOTHING TO DO WITH guitar, in the sense that it’s not simulating the actual playing of guitar. It gives you the awesomeness of music (you can rock out like crazy) while being more readily accessible to the general public than an instrument (it’s cheaper and has a smoother learning curve) and gives you a good challenge (it’s an arcade-style game, so there’s hardly an idea of replay value to it, only scores that soar ever higher and higher).
In short, it’s a game that mixes good music with a fun time for an affordable price. Where you see guitar simulation in that, I have no idea.
The game is almost literally the exact same thing as DDR, but you don’t see DDR as guitar simulation, or even dancing simulation, do you?

DDR isn’t considered the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It was, for like 5 years. There’s a reason it has more spinoffs than any other game series ever (aside from the fact that the mechanics of the game aren’t copyrighted, I mean).

The controller has five buttons, a strum bar, and a wowawowa stick. (not actual names) The gameplay is like DDR, Frequency/Wavelength, Donkey Konga, and all those other spin-offs. You get points, you get ratings, you can unleash special attacks, you can die, you unlock levels and worlds, you can play bonus levels, you unlock costumes and characters, there are multiplayer matches… It’s not a guitar; it’s a videogame. And people like it because it’s fun.

…You can’t DIE. Someone here takes their failures a bit too seriously.

But you CAN lose/game over, which in a game basically means the same thing. >_>

You can die of boredom.

<_< >_>

I was just wondering, since I haven’t been a whole lot active lately, who has played GH3 Legends of Rock. The game is fucking awesome.

Also would like to say, that I hate Rock Band… The guitar, sucks. The drums, suck. The mic is a pretty cool, although I hate singing. The pull-offs and hammer-ons are so freakin hard to use >.<. I love the character creator thing and the solo bonus points. But just playing the game, I freakin hate it…

Hm…I liked Guitar Hero 3. Some pretty good songs, and I’ve never been very good at it, but it was fun.

Rockband…Meh. I’ve seen better, I’ve seen worse. I like the game though. What a couple of my friends did was they took a GH3 guitar and used that for rockband. It worked pretty well, and it was a lot better for the game. Drums…Yeah. There’s drums. They tried. I like the idea. It just needs some fine-tuning, is all. Good game, but not enough friends for me to actually buy it. Otherwise, I’m always up for going over to a friends house to sing “Joker and the Thief.”

Overall advice, buy a Guitar Hero 3 guitar, and use it for Rockband. It helps alot, from what I hear and saw. Although, I must say, I didn’t see much. For all I know, One of my friends could have been playing the Rockband guitar in the closet while the guy with the GH3 guitar faked it. >_>

I heard Rock Band rocks face.

Also, GH2 is superior to GH3, and I don’t care what anyone says about that, it’s a fact.

It’s a fact? Unlike some words in the english language, fact isn’t an arguable definition. It’s a matter of opinion really. I like the songs on GH3 way better than any other of the games like it.

Honestly, after the secondish or thirdish set of songs, I didn’t like any of the songs very much, aside from unlockables and downloadables. But it was still pretty fun…

Tim, Rock Band rocks so much face it’s fecking amazing. And it runs about $110 in my localish Best Buy…
However, yes, the Rockband guitar is crap. It was playable, but the whole “star power” activation part, or… anything having to do with physically moving the controller was wack, and didn’t work after about three or four hours. Or five. I don’t remember, we played it for frickin’ ever that night.
The drums pwn. Everything. Ever. Coming from a real drummer… they are fun as hell, you can actually learn how to play songs, you can learn drums if you aren’t good at them, you get your mind opened up to interesting beats and ways to play drums… Aaagh, it rocks so much. THAT is the ultimate party game. There is something for everyone, and more than two people can actually play, and there are actually songs for everyone.
Or maybe I’m just biased because it’s a game my girlfriend can play (doesn’t like many games) with me (either I suck at the games she likes, or I am good enough that she gets mad at me for being better than her), her older brother (who she doesn’t get along with much), his wife (REALLY doesn’t get along with), and my girlfriend’s little brother (Who hates me).
(…aka, a few people switched on and off with singing and guitar/bass, and her older brother and I played drums basically the whole time because everyone else was afraid that they would lose the game for us.)

I think Rock Band is way better than Guitar Hero 3 but that’s just me

Yeah, played Rockband today. I want to revise my decision. Really good. It deserves much more praise than it gets. I suck at drums, but my friend who’s a drummer said that if I want to actually learn beats, I should play Rockband. Surprising, yet true.

Very true.
My first reaction to the game (at best buy) was not that great, because the drums seemed a little off, like you had to hit a tiny bit ahead of time…
But when I played my girlfriend’s brother’s game, it was a lot smoother, cleaner, and tighter. It was right on, and I had no problems. The singing was right on, too. As long as people weren’t within two feet of the mic, it didn’t pick up almost any background noise (to the point where the singer could sit right next to the drums… while the drummer was talking to the rest of the band, too.)

Yeah, let’s just say my drummer friend has broken quite a few sticks and cymbals on his set. So the rockband drums are probably similar to what you felt at Best Buy. Fortunately, I had a chance to play them before he got a hold of them. It was really smooth, I have to admit. Rockband alone almost made me consider buying a 360.

lol… it is the only reason why I’m considering a 360, actually…