Guns

You have to have a permit in the US, too…
There’s more to it, I think.
I think that the permits are harder to obtain, and they’re not just “oh, well, I want a gun, so can I have one?” permits.

Straight up bro. Death caused by guns are very rare in Canada. Infact I think the only people aloud guns here is police and hunters.

“That’s the info I needed. Thanks, Locke.” ~ Havoc, from Renegade

Heh heh. Well if you hate guns so much wouldn’t you do anything to keep safe from them.

Pretty much…

Guns cause waaaayy too much death.

True. I only like guns when they are either in games or movies. Thats why I am proud to be Canadian: Low chance of being murdered.

Doens’t mean you still can’t get bludgeoned to death by a rock… or fall off of a cliff… Guns or not, murders and deaths happen everywhere all the time. I remember reading that every time you breathe in, someone somewhere is breathing in their last. Creepy, huh?

Yes, people will die, so let’s hand nukes out to everyone. :sweat:

For the last time, “We can’t do anything about it” does not logically prove that we should let people have guns.

You’re adopting the most pessimistic and FALSE attitude. Yes, taking guns WILL do something.

dude… you’re forgeting though that murdering with guns is only 1 thing u do with them. people target practice, hunt, ect with them too. if u took guns from everyone, dont you think that would make the ppl doing nothing wrong angry?

If you kept them, don’t you think that would make the people getting shot angry?

I don’t “forget” things when I know I’m right.

but there are more ppl doing nothing wrong that own guns then ppl that get shot.

of course though the ppl that get shot would be a lot more angry then the ppl that just had their guns taken away. XD

…>_>

Yes, quite a bit more angry.

I find guns bad.

America is a strange place, and I think that all americans that thinks that guns are for fun should be disarmed and poked to death by their 30th birthday in five generations.

Falling off a cliff doesn?t mean someone pushed you.

Dude! Taking guns away would lower the murder rate. just think for a moment. You have a better chance to live by getting hit with a rock than by being shot, and also you get a chance to put up a fight. You also have a much better chance to dodge a rock than to dodge a bullet.

In Canada it is rare to see guns being held by someone(excluding cops and hunters) unless it’s a BB gun or a paint ball gun.

What you read was a myth. And most myths are false, some rediculously false. You breathe in and out about 350 times a day(just an estimate). so If therr were 128,000 people dying a year don’t you think we would be extinct.

I agree with Tim, guns shouldn’t be used by anyone other than hunters or cops. Atleast than it would make it a lower chance for some killer to get a gun.

Actually, that seems reasonable. You know, there is such thing as a birth rate, Red Phazon. <_<

350?
Once every two seconds * 30 * 60 * 24 > 350
Try over 40 thousand.
Now, take THAT and multiply by 356.
14 240 000
That’s a bit more like it =P

I’m not sure if that figure is believable, though, to be honest.

Still like Tim said, you would breath once every 2 seconds, all that adds up to an extremely high amount of breths. There is no way a birth rate could be that high. If it was the world would be more crowded, dead people would be berried deaper and people would have to be berried on top of each other

“Each year, an estimated 3.2 million stillbirths occur worldwide, according to a new study involving data from 103 countries in all regions of the world.” -http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_33028.html

14.2 Million deaths… That myth is fake i tell you. The worlds population is increasing not decreasing. I’m not saying that the death rate is 14.2 million, I’m saying that it isn’t that high.

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
-The 2nd Amendment

If you understood guns, you would know that the founding fathers knew and know better than you.

What you are proposing, taking away guns from the people, is a blatant violation of the Second Amendment. If you don’t live in the US, then it is a violation of the right of self-defence all the same.

You say that taking away guns would reduce crime, no? Well, someone like me, who is physically strong, could just break into whomever’s house, snap the husband’s neck and make off with their wife. If he were armed, however, I would likely get what I would deserve for such a thing- a 9mm heart attack.

Guns are tools, not inherently weapons. It is easier to use a gun to blow open a lock than it is to hit an animal with it. The user could use the tool as a weapon, should the need or situation arise. If everyone who isn’t a felon was armed, then the would-be felon would think twice about using his tool, in this case a firearm, for evil.

Allow me to quote from Wayne LaPierre’s book (minus the formatting)- [b]Guns, Crime, and Freedom[/b]

“On Feb. 27, black-uniformed men of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms wearing “coal scuttle” helmets and carrying German-made machine pistols attacked the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas. Fifty years earlier, in January 1943, black-uniformed SS men wearing “coal scuttle” helmets and carrying German-made machine pistols attacked the Jewish compound in Warsaw, Poland.
The BATF men were searching for illegal weapons reported by a paid informant to be in the Branch Davidian Compound. The SS men were searching for illegal weapons reported by a paid informant to be in the Warsaw ghetto.
Reports from Texas indicate the Branch Davidians kept to themselves and harmed no one outside their compound prior to the BATF assault. History tells us the Jews kept to themselves and harmed no one outside the Warsaw ghetto prior to the SS assault.
The U.S. broadcast news media tell us that the Branch Davidians practice comtemptible sexual rituals involving young children, so they are an evil religious cult. Nazi news media told the German populace that the Jews practiced contemptible sexual rituals involving children, so they were an evil religion.
The BATF invited the U.S. news media to document the BATF assault to show the American public how dangerous the Branch Davidians are. The SS had propagandists document its assault to show the German public how dangerous the Jews were.
Four BATF men were killed and 16 wounded in the initial assault on the Branch Davidian compound. Eleven SS men were killed and an unrecorded number wounded in the initial assault on the Warsaw ghetto.
After the initial assault, the BATF men magnanimously arranged a truce so children could be evacuated from the Branch Davidian Compound (and they could tend to their casualties). After their initial assault, the SS men magnanimously arranged a truce so children could be evacuated from the Warsaw ghetto compound (and they could tend to their casualties).
The BATF called up military units with armored vehicles to finish off the Branch Davidian Compound after encountering fierce resistance against the initial assault. The SS called up military units with armored vehicles to finish off the Warsaw ghetto after encountering fierce resistance after the initial assault.
Fifty years have passed, but little has changed.”

End quote.

Anyone has the right to own a gun. Whether they will use it for right or not is their choice. But putting a bandaid on the situation like you suggest will not help matters at all.

Do you really want your government to have 100% authority over you? Because the Constitution says the government is by the people and for the people. Not for Big Brother.

A wise man once told me how gun control works. Legislation, registration, confiscation, extermination. In legislation, the people’s power, their firearms, is, at least on paper, taken away. Legislation was Hitler’s first step too, by the way. Next the Gestapo… err… BATF would want to register your guns, a needless process that hides an ugly, evil motive- know where the power lies. When Hitler came to power, men who enjoyed shooting bolt-action rifles at targets were told to join the Wermacht (War Effort) is they wanted to shoot “military rifles.” If their rifles were not given up, they would all be registered, and placed on the Gestapo’s “hit list,” rounding out Hitler’s confiscation phase. Eventually, the Gestapo would raid the target house, and murder the owner of the firearm(s), usually the father, and confiscate the firearms, completing the extermination phase. Now, the Jews and whomever else were deemed as “undermicht” (inferior races) would be at the mercy of a lunatic, for their one power and their voice before the government was lost. It took just 10 mostly cheap handguns to repel an assault by the elite SS in Warsaw. Now imagine if the Jews had still been armed. You see, our politicians of today aren’t quite as different from their Uncle Adolf as they want you to think.

Gun control is like communism- it sounds pretty on the outside (although not to those who understand its mechanics), but it is ugly and corrupt on the inside.