HELP NEEDED!

Hi! As you may know from reading a few topics down, I and a friend are working on a Metroid fan game called Genesis. We’re gonna need some help! Right now, we need someone who can do background tiles and the like. Anyone who wants to help, post an example or something, talk to me or whatever. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Guess who! :slight_smile: It’ll be better than the junky games that I’ve made so far–I’ve got a much faster graphics method now, thanks to my good friend BGNG. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you whant ripped tiles, i can do that for you. I will post 3
small rooms of my experince. And I have had GM for a little
while so i can do some drag functions like Health, Enemies
and such. So just tell me what I should do and i will do it.

I don’t want to use any ripped tiles, I can find those easily enough. I want everything to be original, but thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

Please specify the desired help.

Things like floors, walls, random objects, etc…

Only spriting? Sorry, can’t help ya there.

Ya, Mason’s a capable programmer. I’m a good enough spriter, but I’m best with characters, and the sheer number of sprites needed for the backgrounds and such is so immense that it would take me many summers to complete. :slight_smile:

I dont think you will find verry much people willing to do
backgrounds. They are to complex.

Which is exactly why I’m asking for help. :slight_smile:

Okay SERIOUSLY you will be banned if you don’t STOP THE F***ING SPAMMING. :sweat:

Mp2:E, I already banned them, stop posting about them. You’re spamming too that way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry…
I’ll stop :cry: (I can’t believe I did the thing I hate most)

Da Master was banned? Why? What did he do wrong.
looks at previous post
Hmmm, that doesnt seem like him, is there any chance that it might have been a joke or a mistake. I know he realy wouldnt do this, maybe some one
got ahold of his account. I will contact him and ask what this is all about.
I REALY dont think it was him.

You just did, again.
This topic’ll probably sink back into the depths of the abyss…
And Daz, please delete the posts.

Photoshop is a good place to start. Depending on the art style you use, finding a real photo and altering it can give a good base. If you want a GBA look, finding a mountain range picture and messing with it can get you a good idea of what your mountain range should look like. As an example, look at this: You get the mountain range, set it to grayscale, and then set the contrast to maximum (two colors). You’ll see where some of the sharp edges should be. You then set the color one to a limited pallete (256 is a pretty good choice). With this, you see what colors make sense. Of course, you should avoid randomly discolored pixels like a bright blue or green one in a field of brown. After you have both of these, take some of the most fitting colors and apply them over the high-contrast one. After this, you should end up with a good rough draft of your background. Either edit it from there or use it as a base.

Ah, thank you very much, sir. I will work on this when I have some fre time. :slight_smile:

COUGHcurrently32colorsmaxHACK
Heheh… My filetype doesn’t support more than 32, and I’m hoping it won’t NEED to support more. That’ll just make it a bunch bigger.

So You need help on Genesis? I could probably come up with some tiles. I’m good at tranferring stupid redundece into something cool :wink:

Aha, that would be much appreciated! Mason and I have been occupied with attempting to get the logo to look good…and I have to start the Space Pirates soon…so we’ll be pretty busy. If you could do some of the background tiles, I would be very appreciative. Here’s a list of what we need that I can think of off the top of my head:

Metal wall(background, something you’d find in a lab)
Metal floor(the basic start, end, and middle, and vertical tiles of a lab floor)
Grass(same as above)
Sky (background)
Sand
Various other things you’d find on Zebes before the Pirates screwed it up

Thanks for offering to help! Anything you can do will be great.