W.I.P morphball anim

arwing LA, need to finish

samus

need to re-shade it soon.

goomba

w.i.p weapons

more later

C+C plz

The morph ball isn’t very smooth–the lines get further and closer seemingly at random, killing the illusion of rolling.

Samus’s shoulders look terrible, and the rest of her has contrast and shaping issues ofi ts own…

The goomba is squished as hell.

The Arwing, however… I like. A lot. The proportions are a tad off (either the nose is too short or the wings are too long), but beyond that, it’s quite nicely done. Beats the hell out of my attempt, too.

new arwing. there’s 3 i coulden’t decide by.

Daz lies. Samus has fucking awesome-looking shading. Her shoulders are misshapen, though…

What? She looks incredibly soft and has ridiculously low contrast. Half her outlines are too light, the other half too dark. She just looks pastel-y–oh, and there’s no logical light source for the most part.

Maybe there is, but the highlights stand out so little I can’t discern it.

She looks very stylized, but not bad.

She looks incredibly soft and has ridiculously low contrast. Half her outlines are too light, the other half too dark. She just looks pastel-y–oh, and there’s no logical light source for the most part. Maybe there is, but the highlights stand out so little I can’t discern it.

Remember, Tim. The Varia suit is metal. And furthermore, it is shiny metal.

That shading style (besides the outline contrast issues) would work okay for some materials.

It does not work for the Varia.

It is not stylized. It is just of a texture and composition that does not fit the subject.

Yeah, well it looks better than your face. Or something.

edited the upper body, and changed the outline. legs are longer now.

Still not very metallic, but looking a lot better. Her booblights seem too long and curved. Shoulders are still incredibly funky.

Cannon colors don’t seem quite right compared to the body.

LAWL at the word booblights.

He right about them though. Anyway, the sprite is very nice overall.

I’m no expert (probably the exact opposite: noob) so this might be some bad advice. But anyways, here are some things I found with your morph ball.
You’re morph-ball doesn’t have the awsome lustrous shinyness that you can see in the 3D games. Your animations look a bit jerky, add a little more frames into them. The curved lines on the 'ball looks very straight. Try anti-aliasing them against the oj or speed up the animation.

The style is just funky to me. It’s like a cross between clay and plastic. It’s actually really cool, but like it’s been said, it doesn’t fit samus very well.

The waist is TOO think near the legs (think feminine curves), and the cannon doesn’t fit the rest. Not TECHNICALLY bad otherwise.

i’ve not started colouring any of it yet acctually, i’m finishing samus first.

it could be the pallate and other things need fixing. the colours she has now aren’t very metallic looking. i’ll fix that.

what should i do about the shoulders?

also crits on new arwing plox.

The shoulders look pretty cool, I think. They remind me of the Fusion suits. But the helmet looks directly connected to them, which is a little odd-looking.

edited shoulders, added some prime aspects to it. there’s 2 legs.

Dude, I am diggin these, a lot. Maybe its because I have this thing for the letter ‘A’, or possibly that all the symbols that I make end up something like this >_>

But anyways. Good sprites. Do some shading on them. Make some animations. I wanna see moar.

new samus.

i used 3 of metroid handler’s samus colours, since my pallate sucked.
added a few lines here and there.

Shoulders still fail. Also, is it really that difficult to spell palette properly?

shoulders and legs edited.