HHHAAALLLLPPP!!!!!!

qft. I don’t take anything Microsoft says as truth until someone else confirms it through personal experience <_<

I’m pretty sure the CD is good…I installed it on a different computer only like a month ago.,

Also, BIOS shows my CPU running at like 113 Fahrenheit…Is that bad?

Don’t know but it sounds pretty much.
Probably cause I use Celsius and water starts to boil at 100 ?C.

It’s 40 Celsius…something like that.

The human body temperature is around 37 ?C so 40 ?C isn’t much.

But, 98.5 F is normal for body, you die at 108 F, and it’s at 113 F.

It must be dead then.

Y’know, cause computer components are human.

i once had a fever of 105 =D

113 degrees Fahrenheit is 45 ?C.
You die at 32 ?C.

I have a unit converter in my cellphone. I’ve just never used the unit conveter before and I forgot that I had it.

You die at 32 as well, because hypothermia is even worse than hyperthermia.

how the hell is this body temperature shit relevant? whatever…perhaps the disk drive is fucked

You will to get a body temperature of 30 ?C before you die of hypothermia.

113? F is bad for alot of stuff, including computers…So yeah, I’d say that your CPU is in trouble.

Oh, since it was brought up, what’s the boiling point of water in Fahrenheit?

No, 113 degrees Fahrenheit is nowhere near bad for a computer. My motherboard is by default set to shut off if the processor reaches around 75 Celsius, and my processor usually runs around 40 Celsius (which is, in fact, 112 Fahrenheit), so I’m pretty certain processors can survive temperatures over 180 Fahrenheit. (Shutting the processor off is a safety feature to prevent it from frying. Obviously, they wouldn’t have set it to let the processor fry first, and then shut it off after it’s already dead.)

Water boils at 212 Fahrenheit.

Hm…my bad. I guess your CPU is fine, Zurg. But if it WAS human, then it’d be, well…dead. Be glad it’s a computer, not a human.

Oh, and thanks. Now I know water boils at 212? F. The More You Know.

once your CPU reaches 70 DEG C it will start running into problems. In fact, i have my mobo set to beep if it ever reaches 60 deg c and it hasn’t beeped once (without overclocking) the new 45 NM wolfdales are great (although they aren’t so new anymore)

My PC’s fans are almost silent, normally.

Loud as hell when Crysis comes on, though <_<
(I mean, really, almost nothing else gets the fans going, but that)

my extra 120mm fans were always really loud so i unplugged them and the computer works just as well w/o em. :slight_smile:

Hey I found out why it wasn’t working. :smiley:

I need SP2 on the disk…Now to figure that out lol.