Huns of the Hunted - NEW quasi-fangame!

<3 idiots, they’re so fun.

Also, you took offence to something perfectly honest, you’re going nowhere :slight_smile:

Grahhh.

PY, I hope you never do that again. You made your point clear from the start: you don’t think having an already-established team of artists and designers with a specific idea in mind is enough to begin recruiting programmers for the game, and you would like to see convincing examples of progress, especially in the area of programming. I didn’t see Sam’s replies, but it looks like there was no need to shove your point in his face over and over, being weirder, angrier, and more insulting about it every time. Back off and be tactful, regardless of the kind of response you get.

Daz, being told what “sucks” is only a last-resort, short-term method of improvement. It doesn’t accomplish much in the long run. There are two things constructive criticism must be: useful and encouraging. That certainly doesn’t describe the outcome of this topic.

But I suppose it’s too late anyway. I find this game interesting and original, but now I’ll have to keep track of it somewhere else.

Dear god, I was serious, damnit.

People can’t take fucking criticism these days, that’s why I went off at him, my original points were totally serious, okay?

I’m not a fucking dickhead who goes around insulting people’s projects for no reason. This is the reason I leave most forums, because when you give people advice, they totally ignore you, and then flame you and call you an idiot for trying to help.

It doesn’t matter how serious or honest you are. People will take offense if you aren’t positive about it, and that’s a universal concept that simply won’t change. If you do get a defensive response back, the best thing to do is stay polite.

I did, at first.

I wasn’t negative, I gave him advice. If you think recommending he posts concept art is negative, then you’re wrong.

Hey PY, fuck you.

:frowning:

I would just like to say that this kid, Sam, really has no idea what he’s doing. PY is in the right, having seen enough of Sams work I am convinced he is some little kid someplace whose completely full of himself, mind you this isn’t the first forum he’s made a complete douche of himself either.

Only kids like Sam would take advice as insulting while pretending they are ready for the job, they don’t even realize their own inexperience is on full display.

Oh and from my experience with Sam I am fairly certain he is lying about his team being all experts, it seems to me like he’s nicked other peoples work and claimed it as the product of his own team, which is what really irks me.

>_>
Bump.
But hey, at least you actually commented on the situation.

Actually, though I am kinda abnormal, but I won’t take offense if you say it’s crap and have good reason. If it’s crap, it’s crap.
I’d much prefer the response:
“This, this, and this look like crap, here’s how to make it better.”
Than:
“It looks good for a first try.”

<3 you heady.

Oh and before I forget, exhibit b: http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forum…f52e63ec4df8aeb

quoth the sam:

I wonder where he learned the term ‘constructive criticism’…

Yeah so I’ve combed the entire internet, trying to find the original creators of the work he parrots around as the product of his ‘team’ :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re like an internet Sherlock Holmes!

Maybe from one of the first few links on this page.

Exhibit C shows serious attitude problems. (Note that where I put Ahab is actually that guy.)

Oh, but he’s friends with a not-quite-novice C programmer who codes for Linux. :stuck_out_tongue:

Holy asshole!
This was a boring topic.

Only text. No images. What’s wrong with you?