I had some extra money this month...

Yes, 576i is the PAL standard. And no, the Wii can not output 720p. Only 480p.

No demos. :frowning:
I want demos.

So I neded to buy some Gamecube controllers?
This is probably the most expensive console today with all the controller parts. :frowning:

Can I get your friend codes?

And that’s how Nintendo gets their revenue, ladies and gentlemen. Right there. With all the controllers you need to buy to get full use out of their console.

But yeah, Liks, if you want to play Gamecube games on your Wii, you’re gonna need a Gamecube controller for it.

The classic controller is exclusive to the Wii and it’s Virtual Console additions. Can’t use it with a Gamecube game, unfortunately.

Also, I’ll get you my friend code, but not right now, just because I don’t know it off the top of my head. Sorry.

Well neither the PS3 or 360 can output 1080p. What’s your point?

(Truth, they output at just below 720, 720, or just above it, and then use hardware scaling)

Crap. My really long post vanished into the void. :frowning:

I posted it but it is not here.
Will write a new one tomorrow.

some games claim to be rendered in 1080p, but i doubt it personally, though apparently guerrilla tried to render KZ2 in 1080p and the test PS3 exploded…or maybe it just crashed >_>

but they both OUTPUT in 1080p, I mean how do you think they outputted the HDDVD and blu-ray data?

Um…yeah, wouldn’t the fact that they use hardware scaling mean that they output at 1080p?

Sorry, I’m hi-def illiterate. Only got Nintendo products and no big screen TVs and all that.

That too swan, that too.

but the hi-def formats are more relevant to the argument that they output in 1080p, despite rendering in 720p.

Tell me when you want my friend code

Ah, I see, I see.

I’m just gonna have to go to Wikipedia one of these days and look up HD. XD

Both consoles output up to 1080p.
But due to bad programming many games are rendered in lower resolution and upscaled by the consoles to 720p and/or 1080p.

Look at Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix. The graphics is drawn in 1080p and is shown in 1080p without upscaling. Bad example perhaps, since it is a 2D game, but it still shows that both consoles can handle 1080p graphics.

I bought the Internet channel and Super Mario Bros. 3.
There was some problems playing Maro 3. The game doesn’t support 480p. Not the PAL version anyway. I had to press some buttons on both the nunchck and the wiimote in the instructions manual thingey to get the game to work.

And it only works in an interlaced wierd resolution. It feels like someone stole my money.
But at least it works and it only have slowdowns sometimes.
I like that game.

I tried that new Bannerbomb trick and I now have the Homebrew channel on my Wii with firmware 4.1e.

The console finally became fun to use.

Heh, I just noticed you’re post on mario and it sounds like you PAL guys got fucked over yet again…but then again what else is new?

And I still can’t get the homebrew channel to work…:frowning:

I’ve bought:
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
The Conduit
Smash Brothers Brawl
Super Paper Mario
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1
No More Heroes
Battalion Wars 2
Mario Party 8
Table tennis
Dragonball Budokai tenkaichi 3
Okami
Overlord: Dark Legends
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles + two copies for my DS so I can play with both my girlfriend and one of my brothers.

All games are pre-used and most of them are scratch free.

And I’ve sold some of my Xbox and Xbox 360 games. Didn’t play them anyway. But it still feels wrong to sell games. I don’t like it.

Raving Rabbids TV party is actually the best in the franchise, but you need a balance board, and tell me how dark legend is, I really like Overlord 2, but I’m hesitant about that one.

Dark Legend is fun.
I play on my HDTV so all games looks a bit blurry and blocky but I like the graphics in this game. The control is better than in the Xbox 360 demo. I haven only played the demo of the first game before I played this.

And I’m starting to hate on the people that preaches for FPS games on the Wii.
It sucks to play FPS games on the Wii. I hate when I point outside of the TV and nothing happens. I want to point at the edge of the screen to turn around as quickly as possible but sometimes I point outside of the TV and Samus or that dude in the Conduit either spins around like an ADHD kid crack or simply stares at their feet and sometimes it takes some time before the stupid crosshair shows up on the TV again.

Is my Wii defect or am I the only one that prefers dual analogs so I can look around a bit faster than a 2000 year old mummy?

many games have 180 degree turn and the conduit has the option of turning on the turning when the wiiote is pointed offscree, not to mention you can adjust turn speed as well, just explore the options menu.

Also, I use a wireless sensor bar I got at blockbuster and it works much better, I.E. it picks up the crosshair quicker, motionplus helps too.

How is that even possible? All the Sensor bar is are LEDs… >_______>

That said, yes, the pointing has its flaws, but I like it a hell of a lot better than analogue sticks… though a mouse still takes the cake.

Guess I’ll have to practice more. :frowning:

Well, as Syntax said, just explore the control options in The Conduit’s menu. Then fool around with the bounding box and whatnot. Sure, it took me a good half hour to adjust my controls the way I wanted them, but now I can control my cursor much more effectively with the Wiimote than I ever could with Dual Analog sticks. You may feel differently, of course.

@ Zurg: Agreed. Mouse is the best. But excluding that, I’ll take a Wiimote over analog sticks any day.

heh, I personally just don’t feel comfortable with the mouse at all, its kinda funny I feel that the wiimote is the best and analogue sticks come in second, I’m just not a fan of the mouse, don’t know why.

@ zurg, I disassembled my old packed in one and another wireless one i got and I learned that there are 2 LEDs on each side rather than one like the packed in sensor bar.