I know I'm new here...

"Where did MM1914 go?
2005-08-30
By MetroidMaster1914
“I’ve put MM1914 in charge a couple of months ago, and now he left without leaving a message… " This exerpt was taken from a post that Destoryer F posted on the forums. Now, while I have tried to explain why I have not been around near as much as I should, it seems that not everyone is clear on why I’m not around often. Since March of 2005, I’ve been grounded from the internet. Now in that time I’ve tried everything in my power to maintain and update the site, however even I know that this is not enough. DF has been once again forced into action, and frankly I feel horrible because of it. You wouldn’t believe how many times I started to write a post on here about P2D dying or what not, but when I saw Daz’s post, I couldn’t have said it better myself. To everyone in charge please know that I’m not simply ignoring the job of P2D webmaster that was so graciously given back to me after I got the job taken away. However, so that I’m not grounded forever, I’ve been concentrating on my grades lately. If all goes well, I’ll be as active as ever by late October. Bot please know that I haven’t ditched or abondoned this project/site. Of course, the times I did have time to make updates, well, there wasn’t much to update, as DF said. However, I will try to fulfill my job to fullest as always. So, where did MM1914 go? He’ll be a little absent untill October, but then he’ll be back and ready to annouce whatever’s going on pertaining to P2D!”

I would NEVER want to take over a site… but if there’s any way to do so, I’d like to update the site when MetroidMaster1914 can’t…

Yeah… chances are, there’s no way to do so… but at least I offered…

And if there’s anything I CAN do, I’ll do it to my fullest…

I’m working on programming in C++ but I haven’t even typed my first string yet…

But I COULD be a nexus/ arbiter or whatever and find ppl who COULD help like that…

And I can draw pretty good… I could do limited concept art… LIMITED!!!

And because I’m the biggest Metroid/ MP fan I know, I’d be REALLY TICKED if Nintendo found and stopped this.

Please, if there’s anything I can do, tell me…

Put to rest your worries about Nintendo stopping this, they could only do that if they made people PAY for the game. Otherwise, it’s just a fangame, and perfectly legal.

And aside from that, you have to go over to the other forum to ask if there’s anything you can help with. Umm… hold on, let me get the URL.

OMG!!! I KNOW WHAT I COULD DO!!! I’M LEARNING JAPANESE!!! Simplified Japanese mind you, but it’s still Japanese… I could translate into that… But it’d take quite a while…

Alright, I’m an idiot. There’s a link to the SCU forum from the P2D mainpage.
but here’s the URL anyway: http://www.samusforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=6
And now I have NO idea how to join, because they locked the team list, and it says ‘please check the website for team list’. So… any info? Anyone?

uhm… yeah… I know that… but someone was redoing Metroid (1) for the comp (Metroid Classic) and Nintendo shut him down… he wasn’t making any credits either… so that worries me a bit…

well, that was slightly justified… he was remaking a game that was already made. Although… hm… Was it exact? Or was it using differant sprites and stuff?

uhm… okay…

DUDE, don’t call yourself an idiot. :sweat:

and thanks for the link and info…

It was from complete scratch, but it was supposed to be the same as far as I know. And I don’t think that it was for lack of a computer version; More to fix the glitches and crap from the NES.

072’s EDIT

I don’t really care what your excuse is, but I’m tired of people not following the rules. Don’t double post again.

… usually people don’t care much if I call myself an idiot.
well… um… I have no more information that would be helpful in any way now.

edit: Just so you know, double posting can get you in a little bit of trouble, so I would edit that if I were you.

I do it alot on the PSO: Blue Burst chat board and nobody complained but once…
I think it was the same on the CBT forums…
But I double-post because I want certain information separate, not because I want more posts.

EDIT: I care if you insult yourself. so far, I haven’t seen anything that would make you even LOOK like an idiot. In fact, I’m looking for the add to contacts list button. As I recall, it’s in your profile. :confused:

Um… add contact… I… have no clue at all. I don’t know if there IS one. I’ll look around a little.

And I know I’m not an idiot, I just say it when I do something wrong or slightly stupid because I’m not used to doing things wrong or slightly stupid. Make sense? Because it doesn’t make any sense to me.

I got it…

And yeah, it makes sense. but it doesn’t make it right…

'course it does. It gives people a break from my know-a-lot-ishness. That being one step bellow know-it-all. Not QUITE as annoying, but still annoying enough.

ok… you’re wierd… then again, so am I, as is everyone… ROFL

okay… even though that other topic got locked, my offer still stands… I been wanting to write controller programs anyway…

You two, stop having a random discussion in the middle of a topic. Take it to PM if it’s not related to the subject at hand.

Now then.

We don’t need concept art, as we’re basing it all off MP. We already have several people still capable of updating the site. And Nintendo will not kill this project. They already know about it, for sure–it’s been in several magazines after all! And a member of Retro went to the chat for it once, as I recall, and Mills verified it was actually one of them…

okay… I could make control maps for it… like… if someone wants to use theat Logitech controler that looks like a PS2 controler: I could mod the program and map the control scheme to use the left stick for visor control, the right stick for beam control, and the D-pad for movement… as well as other mapping mods…

But, it’ll take a while… I haven’t finnished C++ yet… (Haven’t even started yet…) I know it’s a Game Maker prog., but with proper moding I know I could use it in Windows C++… if not, I’ll use something else…

And it’s great to know that Retro doesn’t mind this… In fact, they’d be stupid to not cheer for you guys… 8)

EDIT: THE HECK!!! SINCE WHEN WAS THERE A RULE ON 2X POSTING!!! NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I SEEN SOMETHING SO INSANE!!! Actually… I have… But still, I don’t bother to read the rules much because they tend to all be the same… anything ELSE I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Yeah, reading the rules is very beneficial to a forum’s well-being. Go read them. And the rules about warnings. You aren’t supposed to be posting if you haven’t. Ignorance for the rules is no excuse for disobeying them.

K… I read the rules right after posting that…

BTW… Sorry for that little outburst… I tend to have a quick temper… especially when I’m blindsided…

BUT… if everyone just refrains from cussing and insulting my friends (Which currently consists only of CloudVaris) then everything’s gonna be just peachy… [D