Ideas for a new metroid game

If someone helps me with making an engine for Game Maker, I can whip up a game or two.

They never changed beyond equipment and minor design changes. Prime’s were simply wearing less armor, hence looking more reptillian. The insectoid design is just that–armor. The biggest changes were Echoes, in which they gained bizarre tetrapartite mandibles and a rather bizarre leg structure, and in Fusion, in which they turned bright purple and grew beaks and feathers. Other than that, it’s all in the armor. The claws, contrary to popular misconception, are guns that replace the lower arm, somewhat like Barret Wallace of FF7. Prototypes of the modern clawgun can be found in Prime’s labs, and ZM demonstrates the first use of these guns.

Just what aura said! The metroid creators are obsessed with bird people!
The purple pirates grew feathers and beeks! ITS INSANE!!! :confused:

If they really were obsessed then every game would have “bird people.”

I can find one refrence of a bird creature in each game:

Metroid: Zebes was the home planet of the Bird Race: Chozo
Chozo Statues.

Metroid II: Return of Samus: Chozo Statues were still present.

Super Metroid: Back to Zebes, Chozo Statues, Some of the pirates looked like birds. Ridley (Though more dragon like than bird, he had a beak sorta)

Metroid Fusion: The pirates seemed to have grew feathers. Ridley again. The little creatures(damned if I know thier names) look like birds kinda.

Metroid Prime: Chozo Race of Talon IV(Need I say more?).

Metroid Zero Mission: Same reason as Metroid 1

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Luminoths looked like Chozos.

In every game there was a bird or a bird-like refrence.

The luminoth look nothing like chozo. O_O They look like moths crossbred with frogs…

They look Birdlike to me.

I think the luminoth could be an evolved form of the chozo or the other way around.

Luminoth look like moths with elongated limbs. The Luminoth met with the Chozo once though. It says in I think “Our Heritage.”

Then you need glasses. Badly.

I wonder what would happen if there was a war between the chozo and the luminoth? :unamused:

Well first: It probibly is unlikely that they’d war since both are peace loving races. I’d say though the Luminoth would win though since the Chozo have been at peace for so long that they forgot how to fight (Hence why they relied on Samus to bring peace to the Galaxy).

Not true at all. This ‘chozo are pacifist’ bull has to stop… Prime’s logs mention things like wars and “wielding the weapons we ourselves once wielded”, so we know they do fight. Plus, their technology is superior to the luminoth tech–their beams have no ammo, for instance.

Why were the gf troopers on aether anyway? (I forgot!) :blush:

They were after the Pirates.

Here’s something I hope happens. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Exactly WHAT makes the Luminoth look “birdlike?” Is there any specific limb?

I never said they were pasaficsts. I remember reading somewhere that they learned over the years that war wasn’t the answer so they threw away thier life of war and tried to live a life of peace, but the Space Pirates came and easily took over thier homeworld. Then they found Samus bla bla bla and the rest is history.

If it was based on the Chozo of the past, then yes I’d say the Chozo would cream the Luminoth. If it’s the Chozo now though, they’d put up a nice fight but in the end the Luminoth would win considering thier ammo doesn’t deplete.

If only there were still chozo warriors- Bye bye space pirates!
sorry daz

The pirates beat the chozo once, they could do it again.

Not to act like a mod or anything, but aren’t we going off on a tangent? Anyways, ideas for a new game… Aha! Samus crashes while flying due to an unseen gravitational pull, onto a huge planet. Covered in mirrors. (Hence invisibility.) She wanders a bit, before finding that it’s not a planet at all – It’s a new space pirate weapon, one that’s been in development by High Command for a deca-cycle now. After finding this out, she has to wander through every area of the complex (With different areas with different climates for containing different creatures, all phazon modified, that can be launched at will via special pods) to deactivate the ten locks on the selfdestruct panel in the middle of the weapon. No space pirate has weak weaponary either – even the weakest researchers at least have the experimental armor of the short lived Beam Troopers (Though they are unarmed…), or perhaps a constant Phazon Elite body guard. Also, the pirates have been able to take, modify and use Red-type Phazon (called Rasklon) on some creatures and several pirates, to devastating effect. Also, they now have some phazon powered weapons systems, based upon the principle of the “Phazon Beam.” They’ve not gotten far in this, though, due to a lack of pure phazon. Also, there’s rumors in some of the logs that a combination of purified Rasklon AND Phazon may have been used to modify a space pirate several times and to power a weapons sytem given to him… (Boss, anyone?) The Ing would make a reappearance, as space pirate captives. Some will have gotten loose and infected armed pirates and other nasty things…

Yeah, thats the basic idea. It’d be nasty to play through, but… thats it. Meh. I needa schleep… :\