I'm new here

I edited my last post, btw, so there’s now more for you to argue about now. Anyways, here’s my response:

1. Ever heard of synthesizers? Go research them.
  2. Super Metroid Prime 3-D is a working title. I said that twice here and also in the SMP3D topic.
  3. If you’ll notice in the edit I made to my last post, I really want this argument ended.

Fine, topic over. My new argument is this: Don’t convert sounds to different formats for the sake of saving space. Show me a link to the synthesizer you’re using to play it, though. I really didn’t know there was some way of playing midi through a software synthesizer to make it sound better.

hoss swanson, I did read your first post. However, the Prime series is not a separate story arc, merely a subseries between MI and II.

Same basic idea. There’s almost no mention of what happened in the Prime series in the 2D games and vice versa. Metroid Prime isn’t called Metroid 5, and Metroid Prime 2 isn’t called Metroid 6. They aren’t called 1.1 or 1.2, either. My point behind it is that randomly combining the stories won’t look too good in the final product.

The point is, it still has a coherent story arc.

Yet somehow Dark Samus and the SA-X combining into one creature with Ridley, Meta Ridley, and Kraid all out to get Samus on Planet Zebes with a few trips to Tallon and that other one doesn’t.

That is what I want to get across. Make up a new planet. Create some new enemies.

And Dark Samus, Quadraxis, Ing, Dark World(in metroid), and Aether aren’t original? :confused: Look I am not trying to flame you or anything, but nintendo IS making original games. :laughing:

Yeah, and sticking everything they made together isn’t original on your (or whoever else’s) part. If you and I were to make a game, it would be somewhat bad of us to decide that combining Quadraxis and Metroid Prime together into one giant thing that you have to fight on Zebes is interesting. We should come up with a few new ideas. Here are two examples.

Example 1 (bad idea): Aether has come under attack again. And it’s the Ing again. But this time, Dark Samus has been infected by X making a Dark-Samus X. But this X also combined with Ridley, so now we have Dark Samus/Ridley-X. And Quadraxis is there, because the Ing are back. And we go to all the same places and fight all the same enemies, except at the end you have to fight our one half-new creature, who has since then gorged on the makings of Kraid, Mother Brain, and every other creature out there making Monstrosity X. But Monstrosity X is too hard to make, so we’re just going to make one picture of it and have it never move even slightly. And Samus has the Perfecto Suit, which looks surprisingly like the Power suit, but with a large, poorly-drawn V on it.

Example 2 (good idea): Samus is sent to aid some soldiers somewhere that isn’t Zebes, Aether, or anywhere that she’s already been. New creatures exist there, and some new evil or berzerk creature resides there. She fights new stuff in new places that don’t look just like everywhere else she’s been. Does she have new gear? Maybe. It depends on if she needs new gear.

Re-read what I just posted. They made the characters. Sticking them back together in some crazy rehash isn’t good. Look one more time at the Super Metroid Prime Fusion… [First Hunt] picture. Each of the words there comes from an original Metroid game. Sticking them back together won’t make anything special.

Which is why I named mine Metroid: Dark Shadows. All with…re-used enemies…and…bosses…um…
Damn, I gotta sit down and think up something original… :>_>:

Eck. Mine makes more sense that the “bad” one you were describing, even though it takes place on Zebes. O’course, there won’t be Kraid-at least, not fully grown Kraid. I have a nifty idea for how to handle Kraid/mini-Kraid. I can’t remember if I already posted it or not, so I won’t take the chance of double posting. Ridley will be there, because he’s the one who lead the attack on Samus’ home colony, so of course she has to have someone to hide from throughout the game. Mother Brain might be mentioned in the end, but no way will she be a boss. Genesis is gonna concentrate more on straight-out action than puzzles’n’stuff. Instead of searching for a powerup to open the door to kill the boss to repeat again, you’ll be leading Chozo warriors into battle against technologically superiour Pirates, breaking through the base, stealing the powerup, killing the boss, and repeating.

Yeah. If yours takes places after 4, then everything on Zebes is dead, and the surface of SR388 was wiped out. Having another planet with the exact same creatures as either of those would be smaller than a one in a trillion chance. Having some of the same stuff is always fine. Space Pirates are Space Pirates, and Samus is Samus.

I still think your game is going to turn out well.

You said the creatures where wiped out on the surface of sr388.
But dont almost all of them live in the caves.

I don’t think crashing a satellite that big into the surface of the planet would leave an atmosphere. I guess some stuff might have lived through that, but it would be comperable to that big asteroid that hit earth - except this one blew up. I mean look. It’s pretty catastrophic.

(Edited): I’m going with the picture and just saying it’s gone.

SR388 was completely demolished, actually.

I dont want to argue with you guys because it seems like you
know what your talking about but I thought the satilite exploded and the radiation killed the X on SR388.
I could be wrong though.

I’m going with this one. Setting off a reactor hundreds of times the size of our most powerful nuclear arms would probably just destroy the whole planet. Even the empty rock I was talking about shouldn’t be there.

Radiation that can kill small, simple, single-celled creatures can easily kill much larger ones. Besides, the destructive portion of the radiation could never pass through the core of the planet in amounts enough to kill the creatures on the other side. If it did, it would’ve killed Samus and just about everything else in that star’s sytem exposed to it.

The planet’s pretty much a bunch of rocks, if anything. Look one more time at those pictures.

Thanks.

Wow. You guys are CA-RA-ZY! I have never seen a longer argument / discussion on a message board. Then again, I dont get on that many message boards but whatever. Anyways, my fangame, Metroid Xenic … which is, yes, after Fusion, is based on the remains of SR388. I have answers to all the common questions about how there are still organisms on the fragments of the planet … and yes, in my mind, a large portion of the planet are left. I find it hard to belive that a space station can wipe out an entire planet … devistate parts of it, yes, but not destroy the entire thing. Anyways, go check out the Metroid Xenic topic. I will be posting updates on it later.

So it’s not dead :confused: AWESOME!!! :smiley:

Giant nuclear reactors can do that, but whatever. If your game isn’t just a perfect repeat of every other game put together in a haphazard way, it’s worth creating and worth playing.

Beside that, you’re one of the first not to use Super, Fusion, Prime, etc. in your name. That’s already a huge step up.