is metroid prime going downhill?

mertroid prime was THE best prime and is a really fun game! MP2 wassnt as good, but i think is was still fun, but the multi-player sucked!!! metroid prime hunters shouldnt even count for a prime game, NOT EVEN A METROID GAME!

but mp3 looks REALLY cool!!!

No i think not, I know mp2 and mph weren’t as good as metroid prime 1 but they sure amused me and mp2 was like the same as mp to me, I only hated the ammo system, that’s all

And kraid MUST come in MP3 !!!

Look on the cover of the Pink Floyd album “Animals.” They’re real all right…

Animals Cover Art

On topic- I think MP2E was a fine game, but not as good as MP1. Given that I don’t have a DS, I haven’t played Hunters. I personally think that Corruption shows as much promise as the first Prime.

Agreed. I myself am tired of the Prime games. Not that they are bad, but
I would like nothing more than to see another 2D Metroid on the shelves.
Seriously, I want to see a Fusion sequal already >_<

maybe they just decided to let fans make the sequel, but i agree on that they should make a fusion sequal, and that metroid corruptoin looks amazing, and i also miss the good ol’ 2D games!

i am in favor of more 2d games that are as deep and scifi ish as fusion, if you ask me, its all about atmosphere, if you engage the player deeply enough, they will overlook a couple things easily.

They’re no doubt going down hill.

MP1>MP2>>>MP3.

Of course, MP3 isn’t out yet, but WTF, Rundus? :neutral_face:

yes, your fears are shared by me as well…

I found Metroid Fusion to be really great because they also came up with a reasonable way and reason for you to lose all your items and have to get them back. With the Metroid Prime games, it’s like… Samus can survive so many battles, but yet… her items can’t survive a simple trip!

yes, i agree, i think fusion explained everything perfectly, and while i wouldn’t call it exactly possible, it has very good elements as far as the science and such went (translated well enough)

prime continued this, however, to a much lesser degree, and prime 2 just kinda blames everything on phazon and lets it slide. prime 3, might frighteningly resemble all those horrible fangame ideas that have been brought up on repeat…

"
weapons - everything ecept phazona canon and pwn4age mobile and a metroid fusion bonding with all the x from the sa-x which is really samus’s ship…"

I think they also chose to limit themselves a little bit too much by saying that the Metroid Prime games’ storylines are between Metroid 1 and 2… Especially with how the imaginations of the people at Retro games seem… o_O What they really need is some kind of deviation from the other games as far as all the items go, but still keeping it all cool, and still bringing it back to Metroid 2/3ish more nice and easy.

I have and LOVE all the Metroid games. Especially Super Metroid, Super Metroid Redesign(Emulator), Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes!

Wait… wtf? You already said that exact same thing in another post…

Plus he included all the Metroid games except the first two…

There are 10 Metroid games avalable. Metroid, Metroid 2 Return of Samus, Super Metroid and Redesign, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, Metroid Prime Pinball and Metroid Prime Hunters! And how many times do I have to tell you? I am a woman!

You’re right about the games, but is being a woman an excuse, or just a statement? After all, i’ve met women before (I think), and I dont really understand your point.

I think it went downhill with Hunters, because even though it’s cool, it’s also lacking. Which is why I’m definatly looking forward to Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

I dont consider MPH a part of the prime series. I consider it an experiment by nintendo to try something new, and as far as a new feel, it did deliver, and therefore, I dont criticize it.

The Metroid Prime trilogy was created by Retro Studios, not Nintendo

Watever. My point is that I consider it branching sideways, not forward.