kingmetroid's sprite thread

Cant animate pngs?? Since when?? Or mabye they loose quality, but PNGs upload the best. GIFs lose quality, and JPEGs make people like me…Cry sob

Ok, I was wrong. Link to Animated PNG’s.

Quote from Deviant Art.

Why do people think that GIF’s loose quality? Is it because you use Paint, or some other crap software that is good for nothing?

JPEG’s are good for photos. Nothing else.

Hold up, dont hate on paint. It proves you have actual skill if you can draw in paint. Or at least thats what daz says, but ive never used photo shop, so i dunno. Still, in paint, GIF loses quality, so i use JPEG, simple.

I don’t hate Paint. I just think that a real spriting-program should be able to save GIF’s with custom colors. Since Paint can’t do that… I think it’s crap. But that’s only because I have’nt used it more than ten minutes. I’va been an Amiga user, and than a Mac user. Never a Windows user.

I hate too many things, but Paint is not one of them.

hey… wait a sec… hold on here! alot of ppl might say “ZOMG GIF SUX BALLS” but if u read my previous post i was actually complimenting gif for not losing that much quality. The only way a gif can actually lose quality is if u use some program like paint (crappy for image converting) to convert, or if your sprite or image has more then 256 colors. GIFs can only support a pallete of 256 colors, so, thats why i have to turn my images into indexed color via adobe photoshop before saving to gif.

well, im still on holiday, usin the computer in our villa. dont have the sprites on this pc though… but i think i saved them as gif.

new sheet! animations almost ready

there way to small

double click the image if its to small.
err… yes, there is a triskelion, kinda like trace…

[img=http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1387/xdc7dv.th.gif]

there pretty good. And as most people might say: It needs shading. But shading isnt everything. If you dont want shading you dond have to just to let you know.

anyone know how to upload animations, if you can? ive just finished the trailer, and i need 2 know how 2 upload it…

save all ur images into a gif with some image converter, then download unfreez, then stick all the images in unfreez in the order u want them to be, then click “create animated gif” and choose a filename

well, i cant say it worked. i will try l8r, maybe.

MS gif animator is betta!!

OMFG NEW SHEET!!!

heres link:

yeah, the ship is a bit of a zero mission rip off… you wil reconise some enemies to…

so…its basically a generic metroid? …

Thats what it looks like to me. And thats a zoomer rip off too.

i dont say rip off. i prefer INSPIRATION. those zoomer and shreikbat rip offs are just for a joke. lol

Lol, i luv zumerz.

heh… the spider thingy is even based off of a splinter from mp2e, am i correct?