Mah Sprahts and Other Notable Works

So remove the offending parts, that’s what I did.

That’s kick-ass!

Hey Phlakes, could you edit all your mountain pictures into one post? I can barely tell the difference between them. I guess you’re done your last copy of the mountains, so just for future reference! kthnks!

And several months after my last post in here, it’s me, talking about strange things for a project-

Right here. Watch it in 1080p because I went to the trouble of dealing with the size.

And no, I don’t actually style my hair like that or wear glasses or sweater vests.

Oh yeah, and there’s Rainbow Road with lyrics too. But I don’t like it as much.

The gun looks nice. I’ve always been a fan of the bull-pop style.

My first step into “composing”. I call it ambient, but that really just means I have no idea what I’m doing and can get away with structureless piano chords.

To be fair its a good first step.

Are you using a midi keyboard or just inputting the notes?

:slight_smile:

Just FL Studio and a mouse. Even if I had a keyboard it wouldn’t do me any good, never learned to play or read.

Fair fair, keep it up :slight_smile:

I was bored again, stumbled across the ugly tiles I made for Shadows, figured they could use some touching up for the lulz. I tried to follow the GBA Metroid style (distinct outlines, high contrast, saturated colors, a good amount of hue shift, slightly cartoony), and the rocks aren’t meant to tile, it’s just one out of four variations that are made to fit together in order. Metal is supposed to be of Pirate origin so it’s a green instead of that dull grey.

Now it got me on a streak. Redid all these today.

For reference, the older ones-

I like Samus’s green baseball bat!

Door tunnel go, 5 colors, probably the first time I’ve shaded metal with green and purple. Still need to add some more details. Figured I’d go with a sort of futuristic abandoned mine atmosphere, rather than the high tech stuff you usually get.

Again, for reference-

…guuhhuhuhh…

Phlakey, I haven’t paid much attention to your stuff in a while. However, your work is wonderful. That mountain piece is gorgeous.

Thanks, after joining this place I made a bit of a leap from passable to slightly more than passable (and I saw results in just under 2 weeks! Talk to your doctor for more information!)

Although a lot of my improvement is because of Liks, I’ve learned half of everything I know from his shit.

Now I just need to stay motivated…

Wow! :smiley:>

Spriter rank:

>Fool
|
|
>Liks
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
>Phlakes
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
>The rest of us

Wow! I’m being compared with Fool? :O_O:

Well, been working on this, meant to have it done back in January but I’ve been too busy to sit down with it until recently. Just finished up the last few lines today. There are still a few I really don’t like, but I’ll take what I can get.

Music is Modern Seaside Hill from Sonic Generations.

So, can’t wait to gauge my improvement soon. I’m just waiting until I can listen to what I make without cringing every couple seconds.