MAJOR PROBLEM OMFG!!!!

finally! daz says whats on my mind. i was actually gunna say that too, but i was afraid of getting a warn… :>_>:

you have some serious problems if you throw a fit when your parent tells you you cant do or have soemthing. how old are you? people that dont respect their parents dont deserve to get what they want.

yes, exactly, thats the worst a kid can get. Some of us are what? 15 maybe 16? you should no you do know better than that at this age.

Srry, but still, my cuz is 7 and he doesn’t do that… ha im only 12

Heheh…

OH! like my brother…but hes used to me saying no:P

While I agree with the whole spoiled brat thing, I have to say, that’s totally me right there. I used to want everything, and think it was horribly unfair that I didn’t get it. I wasn’t spoiled, per se, cause I didn’t get much stuff, but I still had that sort of mentality. It’s just recently I’ve learned that life is alright as long as you can appreciate the things you have. I can’t say my life’s bad in any way, but compared to you, I’m jesus (in the poverty sense, at least).

I just moved from a different state. I lost all my friends back there, and as of right now (over a month) have made 0 new real friends. I have at least one mortal enemy, though. I have two classes where the whole class hates me (well, not really “hates” so much as “is jealous of”, and “tries to ignore”), and only one that I in any way enjoy. At home, I don’t have a PS2, XBOX, or GCN, and no TV. I have a dial-up internet connection, and no computer of my own.
If my calculations are correct, if you were put in this situation, you would commit either suicide, or homicide, or both. But guess what? I think I’m in a good situation. I have internet, in any case, I’ve got a phone to talk to the friends I left behind, I’ve got things to do (I’m doing C++ (which happens to be that one class I like), web design (on my own), spriting (for P2D), gaming (I’ve got a couple of games to play on my (er, my dad’s) PC), phoning (talking to the friends I left behind), reading (got a lot of good books to read), math (my dad’s making me read a couple of textbooks), and will be into drawing soon, hopefully (I got inspired just today by some art of Richard Feynman’s I saw in his book “What Do You Care What Other People Think?”. BTW, I’d like to recommend that book and the companion “Surely You?re Joking, Mr. Feynman?” He’s one of the most amazing people I’ve ever read about, and I love him to death. They’re not really geared towards anything, though (he’s a physicist, but he can do… everything.), so you should read them if you like smart people. I know no one’s going to take this recommendation, so I’ll just stop advertising now.), and I’ve got my own room (and usually the computer room is unoccupied, since my dad’s at work)

The point is, you’ve gotta look at the things you’ve got, not the things you hoped you would get, and then were disappointed by. If your dad said “yes, you can get that” and then it turned out that he lied, then that’d be a problem. If you just automatically assumed that you’d be allowed to get it, because you’re allowed to get everything else… well, that’s also a problem, but in a different way. It’s a problem with you. Just be satisfied with the million games you have, and with the 24 games a year you get. If worst comes to worst, figure out something other than gaming to do with your life. As of right now, worst has come to best, and you’ve got nothing to worry about.

Bravo, Timmeh. Very nice and inspiring rant there.

Shame it’ll probably fall on deaf ears.

Yes, Indeed. I cant imagine living like that. While I have limited income, I have a decent social life. I dont have any CLOSE friends, but I’m at least pretty well liked in all of my classes, and know quite a few people even though I’m new. But I enjoy all of my lives, my life at school, my life in band, my life on the internet, and my life at home. I’m sorry that you cant feel the same way.

I probably get 5 video games a year at most, 3 of which are usually at christmas. This doesnt really bother me, since I usually only get staples (Mario, Zelda, and metroid), but even if I do get the Wii at launch (since we’re planning on getting a house, finaciall issues could come up) and chances are I wont get MP3 and SSBB when they come out. And even then, my grades and how well i’m doing school also constitute what I get. And I still have to use the money I get for christmas from relatives. I dont claim to be unhappy, but I think you are being selfish.

aw. why does everyone hate you?:frowning:

“Money, get back
I’m alright Jack,
keep your hands
off my stack!”

Quote from Pink Floyd’s song “Money.” You should go check it out :confused:

You know, everyone jumped on the chance to criticize King Metroid once Daz put in his two cents.

I’m not some advocate of spoiling kids (read: I can’t stand spoiled kids) but isn’t not having the backbone to say what’s on your mind a little less than admirable too?

Just my two cents.

My family is “comfortable” with money (that’s all they tell me). However, I get a game every once in a while. I’ve tried to stop, and now, I only get big things. I hope to get the Wii, LoZ:TP, Excitetruck, 4 controllers, 5000 Wii points (to save, for the future), and perhaps Super Monkey Ball. I know that’s a lot, so I’ve only gotten one or two games this year. (OK, maybe 5). I feel really bad for my parents getting all of this, and wish I didn’t want it, but I do want it. (apart from the fact the video game club I run at school, eveyone would kill me if I didn’t get the Wii, lol).

Yeah, not many people liked me in Scotland. Canada is brilliant though.

</end rant>

Put simply, I used to be in a school for uh… smart people (not to brag, just a fact), and now I’m in a regular school, so I’m in 2 classes with only juniors/sophomores, and they don’t like the fact that I’m as smart (if not smarter) than them. As for the freshmen classes, I don’t like the fact that I’m smarter than them. My only “mixed” class, so to speak, is Computer Science, so I like that class. is in that class as we speak The people here don’t mind me being as smart as them, because the class just isn’t divided that way.

Aanyway, I didn’t post all that for pity, cause like I said, I’m perfectly happy as I am. I just knew it’d make King Metroid (if he ever visits this thread again) think, that maybe there are people worse off than him.

DONT EVER FUCKiNG CALL ME A SPOiLED BRAT. i am just so fucking angry that my stepdad hates me. and i dont throw a fit if i cant have summit. i just walk off, swearing.

anyone here, imagine your dad/stepdad hates you. wouldnt that be fucking terrible.

So, you said “My stepdad said I cannot have a wii because I play for 16 hours a day.” You are now saying that we should have inferred from that that he hates you. I’m going to logically conclude that you think that banning you from doing something that is destructive to yourself counts as “hating you”.

Now, tell me, is that right? Think, say yes or no, and then read on.

If you said yes, you scored “spoiled brat”!

If you said no, you scored “grateful child”!

Oh, and:

That actually made me laugh out loud.

Look everyone. My respects are for Tim, for living like that, Daz, cuz he is Mod + Admin, and King_Metroid. Seriously, Daz writes something sensible, Tim writes something true, and the whole pack turns on King_Metroid. The only person here not getting a Wii is King, and he is mad that he can’t. And seriously why can’t he? He has the money and the time. All of you are getting a Wii. All of you are gonna experience the giddyness of a little girl when you get it (me especially). I am sure EVERY SINGLE ONE of you (without Tim, Daz) was going to complain if they weren’t going to get a Wii. Everyone of you, would have turned on that unfortunate person like they turned on King. You guys think you understand (or rather not) what is happening and you guys hate. Well I’ll tell you something: You don’t. You don’t know what it is like to have nothing like Timmaster. You don’t understand what it is like to have somethign so close that you can reach it, then smacked down to the ground because someone says so, like King. YOu know what? You don’t even know what it is like to be not spoiled. Just because your parents refused to allow you to get some stuff DOSEN’T MEAN YOU ARE NOT SPOILED. When you EVEN THINK ABOUT video games YOU ARE SPOILED. There are more kids without video games than you can imagine, and if you think that you are up to their level of pain, you are WRONG. I don’t know what your income is, and I don’t care, because you can get whatever you want by saving.

You may be right about other people complaining if they don’t get a Wii, SNIPER, and that’s not my place to judge, but the thing that really gets me isn’t that he’s upset about not getting a Wii… it’s his reasoning. He reasons that his stepdad hates him because of that, and that, apparently, this isn’t a “disappointment” (as I’m sure most people would have posted) but a “MAJOR PROBLEM OMFG”
I’m sure that other people would have reacted in a more rational way if that happened to them.

Getting a Wii?

Nope, not me. Maybe once the price drops, but no, not anytime soon. Do you see me complaining?

People have stated simple facts here, and now you are going into the realm of opinions and feelings.

I’d have to agree with Tim- “Judge not lest ye be judged.”

LOL. way to prove to us that your ‘reasonable’.[/sarcasm]

im not getting into the life dissgussion here, so ill just say that i am not getting a wii cause i dont have the money, and i have more important things to worry about paying for.

anyways, timaster is right, you overreacted. which is why i beleive your a spoiled brat. if you throw a fit, its questionable but acceptable sometimes. but saying he hates you cause he made a decision to possibly help you, (or if not its still his call as your step-parent) is just crazy.

and oh yeah, walking off swearing is pretty close to throwing a fit. its just a pussy way to do it, not to his face.