maniac maze

by teleporting i mean that i have teleporter 1 in one area and teleporter 2 in another area. i want it so that no matter where i place the teleports in the game, the character always gets transported from teleport 1 to teleport 2 and vice versa.also, for the graphics, i want a game with simple graphics cause i find that little games with ultra high res graphics are annoying. i want a game that is mostly based on the gameplay, not the way it looks. my inspiration for the graphics came from the game vr defender y3k. also, i fixed the annoying controls.whats holding me back for getting flash is “i have no money and no job at the moment”

The graphics are fine. It’s absolutely horrid trying to control (although that’s obsolete now). It sets the screen to a huge resolution only to open a window smaller than the folder I had open.

Also, for a teleport, you would create an object that changes the character’s position to the desired location on the screen when the character steps on it.

So, the object’s create event would probably look something like this:
if the variable “room” is equal to “level1”:
open bracket
set variable “xteleport” to 128
set variable “yteleport” to 256
close bracket
if the variable "room is equal to “level2”:
And so on, for each of your levels.

Then, in a “collision with character” event in that object, you’d set the character location to (xteleport,yteleport), not relative. Sorry, that was weird to explain, but get it? It’s a simple little teleport object that teleports to a different location depending on what level you’re in. Only one teleport spot per room this way, so you’ll need to go a little more advanced if you want multiple teleporters, or just create multiple teleport objects.

Troid: That same way gives you multiple teleporters per room if you just set each object’s xteleport and yteleport to something different each time… I’m not quite sure how to do that without making multiple teleporter objects, but it shouldn’t be too hard.

Yeah, you would just check the instance number of teleporters. I guess that wouldn’t be too advanced. Here would be the new drag 'n drop for that:

if the variable “room” is equal to “level1”:
open bracket
if the variable “instance_number(teleporter)” is equal to “1”:
open bracket
set variable “xteleport” to 128
set variable “yteleport” to 256
close bracket
if the variable “instance_number(teleporter)” is equal to “2”:
open bracket
set variable “xteleport” to 3000000000
set variable “yteleport” to 42
close bracket
And so on for each teleporter in the first level
close bracket
if the variable “room” is equal to “level2”:
open bracket
…And so on for each level

Of course, then you would have to be sure to add the teleporters into the level in the correct order. But this is probably the smallest (not fastest) system to work with, so one minor inconvenience shouldn’t be too frustrating. I would personally choose a different approach (definitely without all the drag 'n dropage), but I don’t want to confuse anybody with it.

Drag and drop confuses me, personally, but I think metroidkid will appreciate that =P

Here is 15 level long demo. the teleports failed on me so i got other ideas for gameplay. im pretty sure your gonna like this version. if anybody could think of a good theme for the game. a quick paced song with no singing preferably. also i plan on introducing two more enemies/objects that will affect the game. can anyone give any ideas?

demo: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGBNE08A

edit:does anyone know how to make my game work on a mac? cuz i have a friend who wants to play it but he has a mac.

Edit: the full game: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G2ZVPDVQ

I think I glitched it.

I opened the full version and tried some multiplayer, then exited and went to single player… But every time a level loads I instantly beat it and go to the next.

sorry troid i hadn’t noticed that fatal mistake in the game. i’ll fix it right away!

new link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WKX65A2N

also, out of 10 what would you give the old version(the one at the beginning of the topic) and the new version?