mario vs sonic

Just because there is an easy winner? :stuck_out_tongue:

Letā€™s see.

Trolling, flaming, insulting misuse of ā€˜gayā€™ā€¦

Letā€™s go with a 30%.

Also, get the hell out of here. Donā€™t show your face in any ā€˜vsā€™ threads again, got it?

We donā€™t take kindly to retards like yourself.

OUCH! DAZZY PWND!
But still I agree with Dragon. There is no way to determine a winner and the only thing that can happen is flame wars when two popular characters from different games face off. There is no easy winner and guys, seriously, remember that Mario Vs. Sonic is a matter of opinion not fact. I think 2 pages is enough and all you should do is vote and be gone. Not mini-modding but just pointing out what Czar Dragon has to say without bad words :slight_smile:

agreed. this poll should turn into a ā€œshould this be lockedā€ poll instead of a ā€œwhatever vs whateverā€ poll

:stuck_out_tongue:

LOL, 7, 7. Lets keep it that way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now itā€™s 7, 8.

I just honestly cannot see how Mario could win here. Fire projectiles bounce off of Sonicā€™s Fire Shield, Sonic has infinite life (it is nearly impossible to not get at least 3 rings back after a hit), whenever Sonic does the spin the enemy is damaged. Mario has the cape, a Hammer suit, a Frog suit, tons of other suits, but they wouldnā€™t help much at allā€¦

Now, Link Vs. Sonic, Sonic would lose. But Mario? =/

But thats not all though. Even with the Stars Mario has, Sonic can out run him, with the Hammer Brothers suit Sonic can just easily spin into Mario before Mario can throw a single hammer (and hit, anyway) and there is just so much else that makes Sonic stronger than Mario.

I couldnā€™t be too sure if Mario had any powerup to choose from at any time ( maybe hes just too lazy to switch suits within levels in the third one? ) but there is still the super speed thing.

Of course you could get Sonic into the water, and Mario could just stay at the top and get his life back without getting hit by Sonic at all, but there is no level in Sonic ( to my knowledge, anyway, I would actually like to see this get proved wrong too. ) where you cannot reach the top of the water if you can see it not in front of a wall. ( Hydro City on Sonic 3 with the tunnels you go down? You can run back up them. Actually, Iā€™m not too sure on this one. I may go and play Sonic Mega Collection later on today just to checkā€¦ )

But if we were talking about MARIO underwater levelsā€¦ There wouldnā€™t be a Bubble Shield, or a top of the water to get out. And without a Special Stage to oh so easily get a Bubble Shield back, Sonic is screwed. But I just honestly think Mario would never be able to get Sonic into a Mario-Underwater level in the first place. The Super Speed thing and run up and kill, remember? Oh, and that reminds me, Sonic could run out of the level (if we were talking free-roaming) or just through it before the timer even starts. Or hit one of those pipes that takes you to a special non-water area. That works too.

So yeah. Sonic, easily. Although, this all depends on what levels were talking about. If it was just a endless, no difference in height area, Iā€™d say Sonic, but if it was a place with special terrain and parts (like the water areas, for instance) Mario just as easily has a chance to win. ( Of course that doesnā€™t mean Mario has a higher chance, just saying they both have a chance in that case. Sonic is just over all a stronger character. )

i fell that my link was in vain

Hmmmmmm Fat Italian Plumber or biped Hedgehogā€¦

say something about my link

yeah i went to the link and tried to download the game, but i kept getting error messages :neutral_face:

sonic would die. lets sayā€¦ 2d mario vs 2d sonic. supersonic? so what? he has to have rings for that to work. depends where they had the fight. no rings in the mushroom kingdom. and mario from superstar sagaā€¦woah. sonic would die.

i mean, i like sonic, but mario is alot better. whos company got shifted into third party? mario won the war.

Won the war?

Would a fat plumber win over the fastest thing alive? I woudā€™nt think so. What can he do to hurt Sonic? Jump on him? Good luckā€¦

ā€¦soā€¦why is mario a plumber anyway?..hmā€¦

Must be the War Pipe thing. Fireballs, Giga Mushroomā€¦

Mario Strengths:

Mushroom Power
Flower Power
Raccoon hat thing that makes him fly
Can Jump on things

Mario Weaknesses:

No Mushroom = 1 hit die, cant eat a flower
No Flower = cant throw fireballs
No Raccoon hat thing that makes him fly = cant fly
Is a fat plumber = +3 to Weaknesses

Sonic Strengths:

Faster than the speed of light
Spin Dash and become an invincible ball
Fire Shield protection against fire and mid-air fire dash
Water Shield protection against water and mid-air bounce attack
Lightning Shield protection against electricity and attracts rings to him
Super Sonic (with all the Chaos Emeralds and > 50 rings) becomes Super Saiyan

Sonic Weaknesses:

No Rings = 1 hit die
No Fire Shield = weakness to fire, cant fire dash
No Water Shield = weakness to water, cant bounce
No Lightning shield = weakness to lightning, cant attract
No Chaos Emeralds = cant Super Sonic
Isnt a fat plumber = -3 to Weaknesses

I think the math speaks for itself

Well, if for some reason, they had all of the games mixed together, Mario would have moreā€¦ umā€¦ stuff. Such as:
A go-cart
Tennis Racket
Golf Club
An over-rated water gun
a different go-cart
another different go-cart
mad dance ā€˜skillsā€™
a baseball bat
an uber hammer of death
some stuff from Mario RPG
aaaaaand a bunch more random stuff.

Sonic would pretty much have his hover board. Maybe an airplane. But he wouldnā€™t drive it, noooo, heā€™d have to stand on it while Tails monkeys about.

Andā€¦ yeah, if Sonic can use his quills as a chainsaw-esque doom ball, I donā€™t think Mario should try jumping on him.

Sonic can so fly his plane he dose in sonic avance. and in all the new games he alredy has 50 rings when becomes super sonic so by by Mario :unamused:

or he could get all the super emeralds and become Hiper Sonic

"Hip"er Sonic?

Gangsta Rap Sonic?

sonics spin dash dont make him invincible. he hits spikesā€¦ he diesā€¦ gets hit by those projectiles fired out by the crabs, he dies. running into enemies hurts both. sonic looses shield in 1 hit.mario could hoy a koopa shell at sonic, and he would die. if it was mario rpg style turn based combatā€¦sonic would die. if they fought with their best powerups, mario would win. if sonic trips over running the speed of light, his face grinds along the pavement and he dies. or mario could yuck a red shell at sonic. the homing ones.

u could say earlier, ok try this one, im pretty sure it will work

http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/pageN.php?..onicvsmario.zip

or this: http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/pageN.php?..9&f=msretrn.zip

if dont, go direct to the page:

http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f469.html

i hope you guys can play this beauty