Metroid 2 Remake

If your gonna do programming Tenka is already doing it X_X, unless you wanna go Sub-programming, Im (going)to help Tenka,

lol, sub-programming is fine for me.

i would be happy to assist in bug-hunting, logic, enemy programming, hell, anything you guys want me to help with! :smiley:

its probably better for me not to spend all my time programming anyways, give me a little time to think about doing some stuff of my own.

any help you guys need, just say!

where is the progress at?..or is it just a concept now?

so um…do you plan on making some new level design, or same, because new level design would be a good idea, since m2 wasn’t much on level design itself (friend has it)

Well that much was obvious :unamused: (check above)

It will be kind of hard to design new levels though, but I’ve always wanted to squish more Metroids than the mere 50 it gave me. Make them big enough to accomodate more Omegas :stuck_out_tongue:

…yeah…maybe a few omegas could hunt you down or something…sorry…imagination taking me back to fusion, anyways, you could have the same level design…but…well…obvious, lol, it should be better.

i dont think i could program the spider ball though, at least not glitch free, corners would bug me too much, lol.

Well if thats true, then the thing I would really want is map layout and an indication of what kind of tile-sprites are used at which locations. Other than that I would have no problem going “gung-ho” with level design.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here … I havent yet decided if M2 Remake is really what I want to do for my first game + there is someone already working on an M2 Remake using ZM style sprites: http://s11.invisionfree.com/SR388/index.php?act=idx

They already have some magnificent Metroid Alpha/Gamma/Zeta and Queen sprites that would be hard to top. Other than that though their development doesnt seem to be progressing very fast.

personally, if i wanted to start a first project, make a castlevania type game, its pretty simple, and you can learn menus, not to mention enemy AI isn’t a pain (trust me, dont make a stealth game first, lol)

yeah, it looks like they have things already set up, maybe you guys should see what happens? or make a totally original game or something! :smiley:

I’ve thought about this a number of times … I’ve got the basic idea of how to do it in my head, I’ve just been caught up with other features so I havent attempted it yet. But since its bugging me I might give it a shot.

I’m pretty sure I can get it just like M2 (can climb anywhere) with relatively little problems. Whether or not I can prevent you from getting yourself stuck with it is another story.

where there is a glitch that only a moron can find…i …shall find it…