Metroid 2: Remix

I am not one of the enlightened minds who can convey the exact postition of said forum. But I do know that a there is a portal to said forum, somewhere in this topic. This magical portal, also rumored to be a link, has been seen in the first post, made by a member known as Pizza boy. By interacting with this link, you might be able to find a path to the forum.

To put it in english, there’s a link there in the first post.

Demo up.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/SR388/index.php?showtopic=171

Oh.

My.

God.

You know … its people like you (and who ever else helped create this) that keep people like me alive. This is GORGEOUS. I never thought this project would go anywhere, I am so sorry I doubted you.

Holy.

God.

The music is just amazing, the graphics are great, the controls (however slow they may be) are solid. I absolutely love the darker area, you are recreating M2 so well. The way the beam lights up the area when it is shot … wonderful. And the Spider Ball? I have never seen that been done properly in a fangame, till now. It runs a bit slow in some areas but … wow.

Keep up the amazing work. I will post glitches if I find any.

A demo? I really can’t believe it. I didn’t expect to see a demo either, but this is a pleasent surprise for us all. I’m downloading now and will post a review when I complete it. :smiley:

The demo was updated to 1.1 to address a few glitches. There are still a few more, but they have been taken care of (I just don’t feel like uploading a demo 1.2 <_<;;;).

Demo 1.2 may be released with the launching of our website, fixing more glitches and making a bit of a cosmetic upgrade to the pause screen.

1.1:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/SR388/index.php?showtopic=171

It’s good. I like the music and environments, especially when you first land
and go into the dark area. That was awesome, but the engine feels really slow
and unresponsive. It almost works like on SM when Samus is in water. She just
seems to do everything extreamly slow. It’s one of those “so smooth it’s
like butter/ slo-mo” engines, but it was still fun nonetheless.

Advise- Add in more enemies and make their AI more challenging. They seem
slow and have pretty much no ealth. 1 shot kills them every time.

lol ealth =3

and I agree, much to slow. I suggest that you change the room fps to 45 or 60 assuming you have it at 30 or so.

Also, that download size is quite large because of your sound files. They load extremely well but they also take a lot a ram. I suggest you re-sample them till the SFX files are double digit KBs and shorten and re-sample the music till smaller than 1 MB. Goldwave is a great program for this, but I have a feeling you already have a good understanding of sound files. Did you engineer most of those SFX?

Otherwise this is very well done though. Goob job :smiley:

The music and everything is cool but the frame rate somehow drops when i get to the first room :confused: is it just me or the game/demo.

All of the framerate issues are from sounds, We are working on this.
As for the actual speed of samus, the varia and gravity suits will increase her speed, plus the speed booster.

Well, the framerate issue seems to be in a lot more people then just me. PB has been working on improving it. Personally, I think my problem is that I have no graphics card. At all. Just a chipset.

http://www.theoddmanout.net/

So download the 1.3 demo from there, and tell me if you guys have any issues ensuing.