Metroid: Bounty - Demo Updated!

Haha, I got Screw Attack before Space Jump. Makes for good speedrunning purposes.

But that’s only the most important of my 20+ sequence breaks. :wink:

Fun game. :smiley:

The jumps still get all unresponsive if you try to jump really close to an edge, resulting in walking right off platforms really damn often.

It’s like every bad NES platformer ever made, all come back to haunt me. ;_;

Also, the speed booster sometimes cuts off in room transition. I had to try at least ten times to get the first missiles.

And your fix to the ‘unmorph in tunnels’ glitch made it so that there are some perfectly large and acceptible areas that don’t let you stand up.

Edit: The controls listed for the ship are nothing like the ones that actually happen. >_>

Also, the final door before the boss sent me in and locked behind me before I even had a chance to save, because I dropped right on it and went through.

And it seems that the ship can fly off screen and get lost… >_>

even better the second time around. i am waiting for this, i expect to give it 99%.

You can skip the tutorials. I don’t know if it is intentional or not, but going into Scan mode or morph ball lets you move even while they are teaching stuff. Again, the Metroid seems to stick to the floor. Scanning the Metroid again will shatter the glass. Trying to Space jump next to a wall seems unresponsive. I can still hear the menu Music after loading my game.

What are you talking about? That doesn’t make sense…

Nicely done! That’s a pretty hard sequence beak even for ME to pull off! Did you bomb jump up to it or wall jump?

Works perfectly fine for me…

never has happened to me, I don’t see why that even would happen.

Now THAT’S just being mean.

This glitch haunts me in my sleep…no matter WHAT I do, nothing seems to fix it! I swear, I’ve tried so many things to get it to work right it makes me want to scream!

Doesn’t ever happen to me…

That could have been worded better, but I may have changed the controls without changing the words. Are you sure you didn’t TRY the controls talked about? Because although the game tells you about ONE type of contol method, there’s actually a second one that’s kind of hidden

To fire you can either use the Arrow keys OR the left mouse button.
To move, you can use the WASD keys OR the right mouse button.

Edit: Opps! Just checked! There WAS a mistake in the controls description! I said you had to RIGHT click to fire! Opps!

In the second room, there are 4 blocks that you can uncover by bombing, but they’re indestructible…

Hm, since people are listing glitches:

1. You can’t turn around and jump at the same time.
  2. The text still freezes up the controls often, most often after you land a jump.
  3. The area with the hidden energy tank in the screw attack room is VERY glitchy if you morph.
  4. Those flying green things (sorry I forget their name) get stuck in doors for no apparent reason.

Oh, and Daz, you can shinespark sideways. There’s no reason to run through that doorway >_>
plays through again, trying to sequence break this time
Oh, and you should remove the C button creating the magnetic block.
EDIT: Also, you STILL need to tone down the particle effects. Many morph ball bombs slows the game down, for instance.
Oh, which reminds me, text slows the game down insanely, which is most noticable in the morph ball room. I always mistime the bombs because of it.
EDIT2: Charging and running through a doorway is super glitchy.
Also, you still turn red if you right-click before you have missiles.
EDIT3: When you release a charge beam, you don’t turn towards a locked on to enemy. Also, the speed of the beam changes with length of being held down, though I think you did that on purpose.
EDIT4: Ok… really weird glitch. In the room with the blocks of sand, sand flies toward the charging beam. However, if you run, then charge your beam, the sand will fly towards where Samus was until the charge beam sound is complete. Picture in a minute.
EDIT5: Here’s a pic… The sands are flying towards a point on the left of the screen. I’m charging my beam, though you can’t see that.

And here’s another funny pic <_<

EDIT6: Scanning and trying to run in the direction opposite of the one you’re facing results in a minor sprite glitch… especially if you’re charging a beam.
Speaking of which, why are you allowed to charge a beam while scanning?
EDIT7: Weird glitches when jumping onto slopes sometimes…
EDIT8: If you go into scan while glowing for shinespark, nothing happens, except the blinking red stops.
EDIT9: Can walljump without spinning. Hard to do, but possible.
EDIT10: Charge a shinespark, morph, go into a tunnel, and click. Whee.

I can spin =3

Looks really neat, but I’ve already got like ten games to play on my computer. I’ll wait until more of the glitches are gone. Don’t take it the wrong way, I just would rather not have my opinion of the game colored by annoying minor glitches.

Speaking of games with color…has anyone here played Super Mario Blue Twilight DX? That game is sweet.

(P.S. You can never find me. If you look where I am, I am where you were. I am never in the last place you look, because you will never stop looking and therefore I am impossible to find. If you see me, I will kill you. Silently. In unarmed, hand-to-hand combat. With knives.)

I used a shinespark to clear the first ledge, and a precise walljump to get to the door. Come to think of it, a well timed diagnol shinespark may get you to the door from the bottom.

Ooooh… sorry, I hadn’t found the secret you were referring to in the FAQ. Sorry to have confused you.
EDIT: Right-click clears shinespark, dunno if that’s intended.
EDIT2: Pressing back and forth when morphed on a slope gives you really weird morph ball speeds…
EDIT3: You can charge a beam, open up the scan visor, and use grapple beam, all at the same time.
Using grapple beam while a shinespark is charged has the same effect as scanning when it’s charged: the blinking stops, and nothing else happens.
You can charge a shinespark after running into a wall indefinitely. This allows for the easiest way to skip space jump.
Moving while grappling, just like moving while scanning, makes weird sprite glitches.
Moving the magnetic thingy into a wall makes it hover =o
EDIT4: Moving the magnetic thingy through a door makes it disappear.
EDIT5: Scanning the metroid multiple times prompts multiple glass shattering animations.

Try jumping before you walk off the edge? I haven’t had a problem with that.

Edit: Unless you’re talking about being unable to jump while turning…

>_>
MORE GLITCHES!

1. Shriekbats don’t start their spinning animation until they’re shot at. Why they even have a spinning animation is beyond me <_<
  2. If you hold a direction at the right time when you start the game, samus will move, even though she’s facing the screen.

That’s my problem though. I CAN’T jump before I go off, because I go off too soon.

The more they’re shot, the faster they spin. They’re meant to do that.

Glitch: The dishes on the scale turn into solid gray rectangles if you bomb them.

Troid: oic. >_>

This is the best metroid fan game ever. One thing though. Can we play in windowed mode or does it have to be full-screen?

There’s a button for windowed mode… I forget what, though. Dazzy can tell you =D

F4 I think, if he has it activated.