Metroid Firefox Theme (Alpha Ready)

Very nice. Can’t wait to see the finished product. Hell, I’d download it right now.

Pretty hawt. Would that work on Linux too, or is it a Windows-only thing?

I don’t know. I mean it should since Firefox works on Linux. The coding scheme should remain (.css , xml ,xul) across the board. I’ll have to research a bit. You’ll probably find out if it works pretty soon away.

RELEASE BUMP >_>;;

Here it is…
Metroid Fire (Alpha)

To Install, download to your Desktop, open Addons under the Tools menu in firefox, drag metroidfire.jar into the themes field, install them prompted. Post comments and bugs please. I will be gone till Tuesday.

I gotta say, that is extremely sexy. I like it. Very nice job. Congrats, you’ve got one more Metroid Firefox Theme user!

Using it right now.
HOT.
EDIT: AHHHH
The alternating strips of color in the history look bad. Fix that.
EDIT2: Your horizontal scrollbars look retarded/don’t match the vertical ones.

Well, I’m not going to be as picky as Tim. Lol. Anyway, one major “glitch” I noticed was when you try to customize the toolbar, once you get done editing, you can’t open up any of the Drop Down menus. File, Edit, View, History, etc. I’m not sure if this was present in normal Firefox or not though.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, yeah, you might want to fix the alternating colors in the history. Not the Drop Down History menu, to clarify, but the search bar’s and URL bar’s history.

If I wasn’t going to be picky, I’d have to settle for a less-than-perfect Firefox theme.
That’s lame =P

Also, this is mainly a personal request, but could you make the background for the tabs bar a very light gray?
I want there to be a smoother transition between the darkness of the theme and the lightness of most modern pages.

I agree, it’s a lovely theme otherwise, and if the tabs were fixed, I’d have no reason to leave it.

Well, it was better than iFox, which was my browser theme for god knows how long. I’m keeping it for sure.

I’m glad you guys like it so far and yes Time I will change all of said. The reason that that stuff was not changed is because I forgot/ didn’t have time to change that before the alpha. Be picky, let me know what you don’t like. Some of this stuff was made when my creativity had dried up. And the glitch is a FF glitch propagated by some code I wanted to use to layer backgrounds. Thanks for the comments again.

Cursed sig limits.

Oh well new preview image.

:smiley: :smiley: Its…so…purtyful…

Anyways, I can’t seem to get your theme to work… :frowning:

Edit: Hell…yes. The theme is a bit dark… but would probably be perfect with Vista…(in other words, I got it working)

Edit 2:

Ok then. Issues are circled in red.
Pickyness
The help icons are squished, the show all tabs bar doesn’t match, and the website icons don’t blend in( though I’m not sure thats your fault)
And if possible, can you change the Mozilla icon?
edit 3: i also do not like the angularness of the address bar

i won’t use it because it looks strange in my firefox setup.

the back-button moves a pixel when i hover on it.
it’s still really pretty :>

Any firefox setup that removes the google search bar is useless and must be eliminated.

Indeed.
Keep it in, ed!

ELIMINATED I SAY

brb, making chicken

unless i can make the google-bar open in a new tab even if i press enter it stays out.

what

Now that, I agree with. The google bar is kinda useless since you can’t open a new tab with it. :<